You can type here any text you want

Who's that guy on the drums?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TurboBuRick

Staff member
Some of you know I'm a novice drummer. ;) I been in and out of cover bands for the longest time. Recently took a long break. It became more of a job that you never get paid for. Really sucks because there is a ton of talent in the last band (Brainfade). We recently got back together to play a car show at Johnny's Weenie Wagon. We got 2 practices in before the show and it was do or die.

Here is a video of us doing some Maiden. We played at the end of the drive-thru. LOL! Not bad for a bunch of old dudes. Alec Smith (stage right) on lead guitar smokes! I have a blast jammin with him.

Cracks me up when the kid with the mop and bucket walks through.

RL

nobody can do a good Maiden cover...

you guys did a good Maiden cover..

and at a car show, no less.. every car show i've ever been too has had too much doo-wop music for my tastes- some live Maiden would be awesome..

novaderrik said:
nobody can do a good Maiden cover...

you guys did a good Maiden cover..

and at a car show, no less.. every car show i've ever been too has had too much doo-wop music for my tastes- some live Maiden would be awesome..

Saw them this summer with Alice Cooper... Still got it!!

Not to bad huh? We were kinda in the back while the car show was up front. We did get some people walk back to see what the hell was going on. LOL! I had fun!

Great job! One of my favorite Maiden songs. I hate going to car shows due to the moldy oldies that they play, 50's & 60's Beach pop.

That Guitarist has some good chops one of the better covers Ive heard. Yes Maiden is one of my favorite bands and they were amazing this summer on their US tour!! Up the Irons!!

Maiden was my first big concert.. 1991, with Anthrax opening.. honestly, i was just going to see Anthrax, but Maiden won me over. the whole show was a spectacle, with a different backdrop with Eddie doing something different for every song.. then towards the end there was a 30 foot tall Eddie behind the last backdrop with arms that went out over the first few rows of seats...

Great job Rick! I miss seeing you guys play! I always compare other cover bands to you guys and so far your still on top!

hello; I've only once got behind a drum set. I messed around a bit that day. It was kinda fun. sounds good. keep it up. Have you ever tried those electric drums I've seen at the music store? They got to help in setting up.
IBBY

Sounds good! You should through an announcement in the midwest section next time you guys are going to jam, or I'll have your neighbors call the cops on you again :p

Great job! One of my favorite Maiden songs. I hate going to car shows due to the moldy oldies that they play, 50's & 60's Beach pop.

Roger that! You can have that beach crap. I wanna rock!

That Guitarist has some good chops one of the better covers Ive heard. Yes Maiden is one of my favorite bands and they were amazing this summer on their US tour!! Up the Irons!!

Yes, unlike some old school rocker's, they still have it!

Maiden was my first big concert.. 1991, with Anthrax opening.. honestly, i was just going to see Anthrax, but Maiden won me over. the whole show was a spectacle, with a different backdrop with Eddie doing something different for every song.. then towards the end there was a 30 foot tall Eddie behind the last backdrop with arms that went out over the first few rows of seats...

I remember that tour! :D

Great job Rick! I miss seeing you guys play! I always compare other cover bands to you guys and so far your still on top!

Hey Surej! What it be like homie? How's the goats? :p We miss you too bro!

hello; I've only once got behind a drum set. I messed around a bit that day. It was kinda fun. sounds good. keep it up. Have you ever tried those electric drums I've seen at the music store? They got to help in setting up.
IBBY

Funny thing you say that, the band before us the drummer played a set of roland v drums. Could not here him at all. You need big power to pull off live shows out doors with that set up. I had set a while back. They were fun to play with but nothing beats my custom stage yamaha kit with 24" kick. They Rock!

Sounds good! You should through an announcement in the midwest section next time you guys are going to jam, or I'll have your neighbors call the cops on you again :p

Your right! Next time I'll do that for sure.

Pretty sad to be 41 years old and still get the cops called for loud music. :oops:

Back