You can type here any text you want

Who's using NAPA front springs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

robk46

I can put my original springs back in, or use NAPA 2773064 heavy duty replacement springs. I'm interested in experience with the NAPA front springs to see how the ride height is compared to stock. It's supposed to be pretty close, but the new springs have 8 coils as opposed to 7 for the stockers, and are about an inch higher than stock sitting next to each other on the floor.

Napa springs here.

I just ordered springs for an 87 grand national and hoped for the best. The ride height is perfect. Im pretty sure that the springs I used were not the heavy duty springs. I will be going by my buddy at Napa today and I will try to get the exact part number if u need it. If ur interested in ride height I can post a side view of my car when I get home.

That would be great on posting the pics. The springs I got are the only ones listed on their online store. They have the same specs as the MOOG 5606.

Ok heres the part number.

The part number is 2773064. The brand is "Dana"- made in the USA. I had to re-image my computer recently and I lost the pic of my car out front of my house. Im gonna search through some old posts to try and find it. But heres the part number for now. Oh yeah the price is 84.99 list, if u know the guy he might give u the 76.01 price and if U have some pictures of him with farm animals then the price should be as lil as $60.00.

Finally found that pic.

I think u get the idea. And by the way unless u plan on jumping ramps with the car I think cargo springs would only hurt the ride and especially the launches froma dead stop.

Attachments

• Dads car in front.jpg
    Dads car in front.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 216
I think u get the idea. And by the way unless u plan on jumping ramps with the car I think cargo springs would only hurt the ride and especially the launches froma dead stop.
Would the eibach pro kit spring make a difference then does from napa.

Would the eibach pro kit spring make a difference then does from napa.
------------------------------
Depends on which Napa coil spring you compare it with. Neither Eibach nor Hotchkis, nor quite a few other coil spring manufacturers /resellers have stock height replacement coil springs for sale. Eibach & Hotchkis both manufacture and / or market about a 1" lowering spring, and then a more drastic lowering spring kit, I believe, too. Global West also markets coil springs for our G bodies, however they sell a "constant rate" rear coil spring, where most manufacturers and / or resellers have variable rate rear springs, depending upon how you feel about a constant rate versus a variable rate spring. Most or all front coil springs are "constant rate" springs where most rear springs, especially the lowering kit ones are variable rate coil springs. Kirban, fwiw, has a stock height somewhat stiffer front & rear spring set. I have heard that Kirban uses moog coil springs. Consatant rate fronts and variable rate rears.

Back