Why and what?

Lunkan

Crazy? Me? :-P
What is this? A homemade boost controller? If so, why even bother to connect it like this?

dsc00462.jpg

This is from a friends TTA that I was going to take a look at and tune a bit. The turbo is a TA49 with adj. rod.

Thanks in advance
/Andreas

I guess that's what it is.
Not sure how it would even work though, as it looks like it gets it's input from the compressor but doesn't have an out to the solenoid or the wastegate?

Lunkan said:
What is this? A homemade boost controller? If so, why even bother to connect it like this?

dsc00462.jpg

This is from a friends TTA that I was going to take a look at and tune a bit. The turbo is a TA49 with adj. rod.

Thanks in advance
/Andreas
thats a bleed valve. it bleeds off the boost instead of the boost going to the waste gate. looks just like the one i put on the gallina's tta

LV GN said:
thats a bleed valve. it bleeds off the boost instead of the boost going to the waste gate. looks just like the one i put on the gallina's tta

What would be the gains of this?

The upper connector of the Y is the compressor, the lower to the WG.

Lunkan said:
What would be the gains of this?

The upper connector of the Y is the compressor, the lower to the WG
by bleeding off the boost. it wont try to open the WG. and you will get higher boost. you can control the boost by opening the valve. the more you open it----- the higher the boost will be.

ahh, I see the y now :)
I thought that piece of vacuum connector was just a straight piece tying 2 hoses together.

Dan K said:
ahh, I see the y now :)
I thought that piece of vacuum connector was just a straight piece tying 2 hoses together.
i emailed you a photo of the connector.

Oh, I know what the y-connector is and what it looks like...
I just couldn't see it because of the shadow in that picture.