WHY Crankshaft

police4412

This happened with 600 mile on a new build!!
It happened driving for coffee no boost, 5 to 10 pounds max if any.
Will it ever end?
Just before the crankshaft went both my wife and myself stated how good it sounded and ran.
Not two min later, we noticed the sound. No smoke, nothing. I lifted the hood and the motor was shaking a little so I called CAA. Got home pulled valve covers. Unhooked electrical lead to computer and had my wife turn it over" everything was good". Drained fresh oil and dropped headers, pulled oil pan and it was not hard to find the problem. A crack in the crank after closer inspection broken crank! Why I don't know, I did buy the crankshaft off a guy on the forum.
Can someone explain what may have happened to cause the crankshaft to break.
Also does anyone have a forged or stock turbo crankshaft for sale.
Thanks in advance
Ted

why crank

check the board venders..I know turbo regal custom parts has them for $650.00.I had a crank go out just driving to the store one time..It was beat on pretty hard the week before and seen alot of detonation due to waste gate hose comming off..I probably stressed that crank to the max and it broke at the weakest point during normal street driving.remember,these cranks are 20+ yrs old and some are put to the test..my next race engine will have forged crank and rods..If you can afford to do it right get the steel rotating assembly and be done with it.:)

TR CUSTOM PARTS/ stroker cranks on sale $650.00

Was the crank magged for cracks before you installed it?What was the crank cut at-std,.010",.020"-cause the more you cut off the weaker the crank,You can also have the stock crank cryoed to make it almost as strong as a forged crank. sorry to hear this.