You can type here any text you want

Why did I buy NOS?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

postal

Peoples champ runner up
It always drove me nuts when one of my 12 year old sons freinds would check out my TTA. It didn't look like one of those cars from "The Gay and the curious" that blaze down the strip on a 13 second 98 mph pace.
Hard work, research, good old American $$'s, and import humiliating time slips get you no respect from 12 year olds. :mad: (ignorant little bastards!) So I buy a NOS kit to play with and to try to some day pull some crazy 60' times with. SHAZAM! Jakes dad all of a sudden has a FAST car. Did you guys know that a closed NOS bottle is worth like 5 seconds and 100 mph improvement on your time slip?
Well now I just seen this set up in this link. This has to be the most stupid thing Ive ever seen ( no its not because I seen a local plastic news paper box mounted on a car as hood scoop once). When I seen this in this link I could imagine the look on those 12 yr old's faces checking this thing out, and all I could think was " you damn little retards!"

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=124270

A frustrated father

Jason are you going to use the NOS system??I ASSume youre not by your post and other posts.

Can you tell me if you even hit it and with what shot and how you used it,if you did??

The reason I bought a kit(Compucar wet for a Stang)was because I got one hell of a deal on it.I paid $350 with lots of xtras(bottles,heater,gauges,etc).

I have decided to put the kit on my race car.:)

Yeah I have used it but just enough to get an idea. I basically have used it two different days. Once at night and I hit it a couple times from a 5 mph roll. Flip switch and nail gas say woohoo and the tires are already smoking. This was with a 50 hit. I then tried it one pass at the track. I launched at idle and the boost was set to 10 psi. once the car got out and rolling and every thing looked a ok I hit it. Boost jumped to right at about 20 and ran the rest of the track with 50 hit spraying and 20 psi. She went 12.58 at 116 on that pass. Not a fair test for it at all but man the car did feel like it was putting on the mph's for the boost. I think 20 psi and 50 full length and taking off like I'm actually racing would have made 11.xx at 120. I popped a head gasket in Kentucky or I would have went for the 4200 stall, dual ball bearing, NOS launch!:D

BTW if you want one of those scoops let me know I'll trade you one even up for that girdle.

Jason

Ill pass on the scoop swap;) :D

$160 for an NOS kit,man you get all the deal's :cool:

$350 aint bad with 2 20 pound NOS bottle's and it was 6 months old so I jumped on it:cool:

If you wanna sell that one for $160 let me know and ill take it off your hands;)

If you wanna sell that one for $160 let me know and ill take it off your hands

The last time I sold you some thing I was kicking my self in the ass for letting it go only a few weeks later!

O'well I gues I'll just have to concentrate on that stage motor. BTW have you ever compared a billet steel racing crank to a stock cast iron one?;) You ever see those wild a$$ rod bolts that go with a bad boy set of 6.5" Carillo H-beam rods? It almost makes me want to touch myself! :eek:

Jason

My grandkids are about that age....If thats the worst problem you ever have with your kids, you are blessed ;)

leeb

Originally posted by postal

O'well I gues I'll just have to concentrate on that stage motor. BTW have you ever compared a billet steel racing crank to a stock cast iron one?;) You ever see those wild a$$ rod bolts that go with a bad boy set of 6.5" Carillo H-beam rods?

Jason [/B]

Damn you:D

Now IVE got to go touch myself!!:eek: :D :D

If you ever get a chance you should check out a late on center block. Four bolt billet main caps, with the outer bolts on the middle two being splayed, and the two caps on the end being cross bolted through the side of the block. Stage stuff makes stock stuff look like Lincoln Logs. Want to see some pics?

Jason

Back