Why do I have oil here ?

I'd toss that plastic vacuum block. They're notorious for leaking and being impossible to fully seal.

I got 2 of those valves coming from RJC and may install a catch can on both cars , As always Thank you Gentlemen for the HELP , Keith

Do the valves and an alum vac block. I see lots of cars with lots of boost and no catch cans. JMHO

Catch cans are simply a device to remove some of the oil fog that's in the engine block from being sucked into the engine via the pcv. Even guys with new performance engines are using them. Common to see on Vettes, Camaros, Challengers and Mustangs. They all see the same issue of oil fog lowering octane and causing detonation.

I got 2 of those valves coming from RJC and may install a catch can on both cars , As always Thank you Gentlemen for the HELP , Keith
How are your BLM'S with the new RJC PCV valve? The reason I ask is because I have been thinking about buying one, but have been reading a lot of mixed reviews in regards to it. Thanks

How are your BLM'S with the new RJC PCV valve? The reason I ask is because I have been thinking about buying one, but have been reading a lot of mixed reviews in regards to it. Thanks
Well I have to say after installing them the car ran like shit so I replaced the pcv's , I'm gonna call and talk with Jason tomorrow .

Well I have to say after installing them the car ran like shit so I replaced the pcv's , I'm gonna call and talk with Jason tomorrow .
Damn that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. It looks like I won't be buying one now.

When I talked with him on Friday he said all the pcv is a one way check valve and his is made out of all brass but I could not blow thru either end of them , Maybe a defect . I plan on calling him today and I will you know what he says .

I had the same issue. Made my own check valve, gravity holds the ball in the sealed position but i used a short stiff spring where the ball had 1/8-1/4" gap to touch the spring. It still got oil there. It was sucking oil off the valley pan. I put a piece of plastic tube into the line at the vac block to lower the vac at idle from sucking oil. Works well with no issues. If the intake is removed I'll cut a hole in the valley pan or add a baffle.

Damn that sucks. I'm sorry to hear that. It looks like I won't be buying one now.
I talked with Jason today and he said it would take a little driving for it to settle down the blm's so I'm gonna put it back in and give it a try

I talked with Jason today and he said it would take a little driving for it to settle down the blm's so I'm gonna put it back in and give it a try

Keith...what are your BLMs at now? Did you disconnect the ECM power feed to "re-learn" the car?

I'm curious as mine has higher than I would like idle BLM with the same PCV set up. I never saw over 131 in my prior car with a regular old PCV valve installed.

When I talked with him on Friday he said all the pcv is a one way check valve and his is made out of all brass but I could not blow thru either end of them , Maybe a defect . I plan on calling him today and I will you know what he says .
I have the same issue with mine, I couldn't blow through either end. So I pulled it off and put a stock one back on. I still have the RJC one though. At a minimum I would expect to be able to blow through it. I also have a Mity Vac and with end open that goes into valley, I was able to pull a vaccum, I would expect at a certain point air would suck through, but it didn't.

wonder how the standard brand are hard to find the not ones I am in need of replacing mine
thx for all the info guys

I talked with Jason today and he said you could only put the ridged end in you mouth and " Suck " on it and it would open which does make sense and I tried both and they do work ( Please to smart ass jokes to the " Sucking " Part ) lol , just making sure they work and they do . My numbers was 128/128 on my scan master so looks good to me just took some driving so it could do some learning .

well anything for the car right it is valentines day
haha I couldn't resist Keith :LOL::LOL: