Why Do My Brakes Keep Blowing Fuses?

moose

Does anyone know why my brakes would keep blowing fuses? It sometimes will run for a long while and then other times it will blow a fuse.:confused:

Fuses blow from drawing too much current.

Could be shorted wiring or bad pump motor.

Running too long can be internal seal leakage or bad pressure switch.

Autozone reman. replace the whole thing is the easiest repair if you don't have the service manual or can't do the diagnostics necessary to fix it.

Thank's for the info. I have been to both auto zone & advanced auto parts here in Mississippi and neither one of them are able to get this part for me. I have another pump I could try. If I change it out and it still blows fuses then I would be safe to say it was the switch?

Could be the wiring or switch.

If it runs too long it could be a shot master cylinder internal leaks.

That could blow fuses also.

I'd try the pump if you have one.

Ok, I put the pump on today and went ahead and put a new switch on too. So far I have brakes with no blown fuse.:D I'm not sure if it's fixed or not because It sometimes would run for a day before it would blow a fuse. I did however put another fuse in it right before I did the swap and as soon as I turned the key on It popped a fuse. I did the swap and put the new switch in and put another fuse in and NO POP! Hope it's fixed, Thank's for the help.;)