Why do younger guys rev

amt-type

Just wondering what the deal is with the younger individuals in virginia reving their rice burners and newer GTO's? This is a question I have been asking myself since i went on home in mid March for leave. I drove my GN pretty much everywhere I went for those 2 weeks in chesapeake/portsmouth and for some reason all the little honda racers would be at a stop light or in traffic and rev their engines like they wanted to race. Come on guys really! Not only that but every GTO I drove buy did the same thing and a couple times I was at an obvious turning lane. I mean whats the deal? Maybe its just me but it rubs me the wrong way or something. To me its inmature and foolish to bring that kind of attention to yourself seeing how virginia is stupid about cars with aftermarket parts. I dont mind a honk every now and then with a nod or like I had one guy in a BMW honk and yelled out his window he liked my car. But whatever I wasn't realy trying to rant just was wondering what everyone else thought. OH yeah im only 29 if that means anything. This was just all my opinion.

I notice this all the time, in everything. I often hear this in any car with a manual trans with an exhaust you can hear.
Most folks on bikes do it too. Habit perhaps?
Some cars just have an obnoxious sound so it is more obvious.

I get that same stuff all the time too along with them following uncomfortably close to my back bumper. I find it funny that it never happens when I drive my Silverado!?!?....only when driving the T-Type. Just punks that think they have something to prove I guess.

They rev because they haven't heard of

TVad-Enzyte-SmilingBob.jpg

A lot of them can't tell the engine is running. They have to rev it to make sure before they dump the clutch.

I cheer 'em on. "woohoo! Can you rev it higher?! Do it again!

I consider it a friendly hello, and smile. If it's some sh!tbox that is not worth beating on the car for I just laugh or shake my head and smile.

Same thing happens to me all of the time when I'm in the Z06. Most of the time it's little rich punks in M3s.