You can type here any text you want

Wide band location

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Sweet6

I have an Innovative wide band that I want to put on my TTA. I want to put it in the test pipe. What is a good location on the pipe to mount it?

TIA

Put it upside down so when you go over a speed bump it rips it rite off ;)

Mines 11 o'clock on the THDP by the AC dryer.. So water doesnt splash on it as well.

I was thinking the upper side of the test pipe. The O2 will not be on the car that much. Mostly just when racing it. I will take it off and plug it for street use. Not that I drive the car much anyway. ;)

Not sure I want to put a bung in the stock DP.

Sweet6 said:
I was thinking the upper side of the test pipe. The O2 will not be on the car that much. Mostly just when racing it. I will take it off and plug it for street use. Not that I drive the car much anyway. ;)

Not sure I want to put a bung in the stock DP.

Might check with Innovative, I don't think your supposed to turn the car on without the sensor plugged in.

I leave mine in all the time. As long as you let the sensor heat (acc on for 10-15 sec) up before you start the car, you shouldn't have any problems.

Mine is in the last bend of the downpipe. I see no problem with you having it in the test pipe as long as it is between the 9 o'clock and 3 o'clock positions. The Innovative has a heater sequence on it, so it should run fine in that location. The board memeber "Bruce" has thousands of miles on his sensor located in that position.

U can move Innovates short distance like in and out of the garage or into the street without plugging it in.

I wouldnt do it every day mind you or drive around like that, but here and there will not hurt it in anyway

Been running one since the first 6mths they were available. Havent killed one like that yet.

Water in the connector yes, lol but not moving it short distances sporadically not plugged in.

For what its worth, mines in the dump pipe. run the Innovate when equipped right up the door and into the car :-)

later
Jeremy

Back