You can type here any text you want

wide band question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Otto J

i have read about making sure your software matches your wide band sensor,how can i be sure mine matches, i bought min from jack cotton and he had the kits in bits and peices and i want to know if i hae the roght software to match
thanks Otto

I think the ECU and the o2 have to be matched. Mine has a number written on the o2, the same number is written on the ECU.

To my knowledge the software is all the same.

Clayton

The new sensor will come with an installation disk.

When you install the new sensor, install the new software.

Now when Calcom boots up, it will not recognize the new sensor unless you have installed the new disk properly (each new disk contains calibration information for that sensor).

If your Calcom is showing the O2 readings, then you got the correct disk.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

ive never changed or updated the sensor, justwant to make sure software is correct for the one i am using, i does read so from what you say that means it is the proper setup?
thanks Otto

Yes. If you see the little WB symbol in the corner, it means it is communicating properly and the software matches the sensor.

-Bob Cunningham
bobc@gnttype.org

The CalCom software itself is not tied to a specific o2 sensor is it? I was under the impression that there is a calibration disk that one uses with a new sensor.

Clayton

the ECU and the sensor must match each other. The version of C-Com you are using won't matter. If the sensor is working, you are OK. Any problem with the sensor and ECU being mismatched would mean that the sensor would not work at all.

Back