You can type here any text you want

Wideband question for the experts......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WSLN 6

Powered by Murphy's Law
Will a wideband O2 sensor survive in the stock location? Will it be too hot there?
I am upgrading to the ME-R system and would like some wideband tuning ability......
Thanks!

I wouldn't reccomend putting a wideband in the stock location. That is bad for two reasons: 1. it gets entirely too hot at that location and 2. it will get condensation in the sensor on startup which will ruin the sensor cause it doesn't sit at the correct angle. Drew

Originally posted by WSLN 6
Will a wideband O2 sensor survive in the stock location? Will it be too hot there?
I am upgrading to the ME-R system and would like some wideband tuning ability......
Thanks!

It will probably be too hot of location for a Bosch type sensor. While a NTK/Honda, might live there, the backpressure will skew the readings.

I have mine mounted down where the converter used to be, it's been fine, for the last ~30,000 miles, and 5+ years.

Thanks for the advice guys!
I guess I will have to get more creative......

We mount them about 8" from the exhaust housing outlet, on the DP in an uprite position.

Back