You can type here any text you want

Wife traded my Mustang GT Convertible!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNXwannabe

I've been "watching" this truck for over a month now and my WIFE knew this. She TRADED my 07 Mustang GT Convertible for it Saturday and brought it home to surprise me! Should I be MAD at her???

SRT-10 001.jpg

SRT-10 002.jpg

SRT-10 006.jpg

SRT-10 007.jpg

SRT-10 008.jpg

How could you possibly be mad?!?! Its what you wanted if you were watching/wanting it for that long. Besides, Mustangs are a dime a dozen...

I'm NOT mad!

Believe me when I say I was ANYTHING but mad. I'm lucky, she lets me be a 40 year old kid! I got one of the GNs for her so I'm not the only kid!

Well if she traded the mustang it must have been partly her car too....so you are only out 1/2 a Ford....

Nice truck btw :-)

Did it come stock like that or did somebody build it? History please.

The WE4 next to it belongs to Melrob94. I am keeping it for him while he moves. Our two GNs are in the garage. It's been killing him to leave it out in the weather. One good thing though... we have driven it for him a couple times this month since it is OUT. (What are friends for???)

Its STOCK

The truck is STOCK (low miles). I haven't seen many (not sure of the production #'s). I have ALWAYS wanted a VIPER but could never afford one. I had read about these trucks but never driven one. This one showed up at a local Dodge dealer that I have purchased several autos from over the years (2) diesels, (1) Ram 1500 and a RT Magnum. All I can say is this truck is a BEAST for a stock vehicle and a BLAST to drive. Way up there on the FUN scale. I'm sure I will do some mods just been too "tickled" to think about it much the last couple days.

More Info

Drivetrain
The 510HP V10 Viper engine, resting on unique engine mounts, delivers 90 percent of its 525 lb·ft (712 N·m). of torque from 1500 to 5600 rpm. The cast aluminum cylinder block has cast-iron liners and cross-bolted main caps. The bore and stroke have been increased over previous Viper models. The regular cab features a Tremec T56 six-speed manual transmission.
Gear 1 2 3 4 5 6 Final Drive
Ratio 2.66:1 1.78:1 1.31:1 1:1 0.74:1 0.5:1 4.11:1

Suspension
PVO engineers modified the Ram Heavy Duty's rack and pinion steering and independent front suspension for use in the Ram SRT. A fully hydroformed frame was used in conjunction with a custom tuned suspension, bringing the Ram SRT-10's ride height one inch lower in the front and two inches lower in the rear. Bilstein shock absorbers (including a 3rd differential torque absorber mounted from the top of the differential to a frame crossmember), performance-tuned springs and unique aerodynamic aids were used to enhance the Ram SRT's higher speed performance.

Wheels
The stock 22 inch rims and Pirelli Scorpion P305/40R22 performance tires gives the SRT-10 the grip that helps it achieve record breaking speed. The standard ABS-equipped brakes are fitted with 15-inch rotors on the front and 14-inch rotors for the back. Two Nascar-inspired brake cooling ducts integrated into the front fascia, provide plenty of cooling for the Ram SRT's brakes.

The total production for the 2004 Dodge Ram SRT-10 was 3,057. For 2005, the total production was 4,027. Due to the short 3 year lifespan of this truck, less than 6,500 Dodge Ram SRT-10s were manufactured. Compared to the 35,000 Ford Lightnings, the Dodge Ram SRT-10 is truly a limited edition truck.

2004 Color Breakdown Regular Cab
Black 1269
Red 1040
Silver 698
VCA Edition 50
Total 3057

2005 Color Breakdown Regular Cab Quad Cab
Black 471 1136
Red 453 777
Silver 280 280
White (CE) 163 0
Yellow 195 276
Total 1562 2465

February 2004, the Dodge Ram SRT-10 set both the Guinness World Record and Sports Car Club of America's record for the world's fastest production truck with an average speed of 154.587 mph (248.784 km/h).

I drove this truck yesterday. It's a BEAST! Nice truck John. I left my TR at his house 3 weeks ago. I picked it up yesterday and it was empty on gas and I need two new rear tires. I just cant figure that out. I must have a fuel leak and defective tires. LOL ;)

Your wife deserves a prize, that's the cool move of the year.
My buddy has one of those trucks, So much fun, and the torque makes it a ball to drive....sideways.
I'm jealous!

I knew you were being facetious when you asked. You lucky bugger. Major jealousy here.:biggrin:

Thanks

Thanks for the compliments (wife and truck). I may use it to tow to a couple meets this year although I will need to mapquest and schedule gas stops or I may ber in trouble (been getting 8-9 mpg this week:eek: ). Oh well FUN has its price! Needless to say I won't be driving it every day. Gives me a good reason to DRIVE the TB more.:D

Nice truck how many did they make of those? Silver looks great.You have a nice wife I am sure you already know that though:cool:

YES she does!

YES! She does have a sister and she IS single. A real pain in the a$$ though. I got the GOOD one!

Back