Will a 3800 series 1 cam interchange with a '86/'87 FWD 3.8L?

greyT

Can anybody out there answer the title question? None of my search inquiries so far have produced anything useful. To be more specific, I will be installing an '87 FWD 3.8L engine into a Fiero and would like to know if there are any aftermarket cam manufacturers for this motor. I am wondering if it may be listed as a "3800" cam. I am hoping to go a low budget route and avoid having a custom cam ground.

Ofcourse, I still do not know the specs of the stock cam for this motor. Can anyone provide this info or tell me where I can find it?

Also, I read that there is a website with a 3.8L/3800 cross-reference and interchangeability list. I am also unable to find this. If anybody knows of it, please provide a link.

Thanks.

Don

NO. The 87 is not the best year of all 231 cu-in. The motor i believe is cam with a FLAT TAPPIT cam. Your better off with a 88-94 motor , it about 10-15 HP.

yeah i dont beleive it would work out....i would just swap a series 2 into the fiero...seen a couple and they are quick little buggers