will a te-45 really handle 700 hp??

Guys, Their is no need to jump on Brick for bringing up Orlando. He is a great guy who has accomplished alot and has personally given many people, including myself, a helping hand. His new car should go 10.20's with out even breathing hard. It just wasn't ready for Bowling green. If it was, It would have deffinatly given Racin' Jason a run for his money in TSM. Miami's very own Roy Garcia (10.40) took 2nd place (runner up) right behind Jason. Miami would have had 2 guy's in the top 3 spots in TSM. Not Bad hun.

Later.

:cool:

He drives the car to car shows and on a regular basis and he has probably over 100 passes on the motor from what BLACK6PACK has said, but I know that's NOT possible cause nobody on this forum is doing it:rolleyes: I'm done talking to grown men that act jealous and childish because of somebodies accomplishments!!!

Thanks Jorge, but I'm afraid these guys know it all, so it's a lost cause :(

I wish we had BS flags like the other board, I would have mine up.

I know him and his car exist even though I haven't seen them in person. I have actually talked to him but his is more of a full out race car unlike what Red is doing (am I wrong here Red's?). Red actually drives his all over (Harper's uses dry ice in the IC cold box which isn't exactly street friendly) . Nobody doubts it but don't try to make it look easy to everyone. I highly doubt we would cause him to not come here:rolleyes: Actually it would be cool;) We are bashing you, not him for using his history in every post when only a select few know him or his accomplishments period. I feel like we have TRose in our presence.

I guess the thing that bothers me the most are the 2nd and 3rd party reports......I have no doubt what you say is true, but it somehow lacks credibilty coming from you....if you had done what Orlando did and post about it on this board....fine and dandy....but to continuously bring up a third party you have never met and cite his accomlishments is boring and somewhat demeaning......you do not know absolutely what you are talking about.....for all you know, he could be running a stage block and his car could weigh 2500 lbs!

So lay off the Orlando stuff.....let him toot his own horn...and if he has no interest in that, neither should you!!

When the car is driven on the street there is no dry ice in the cool box, but I'm sure you knew that smart guy:rolleyes: His car has a full interior and is full weight (no cage) and should be running 10.20's. Alex and Brad see the car all the time and they much like I know a Stage motor from a stocker and the car wouldn't be 2500lbs with a full interior!!! Orlando has no reason to lie. His car was built on a budget cause he doesn't have a Front Mount IC, a FelPro, GN1's, or a billet roller cam like most guys running his times do. Hell the block isn't even girdled! Call BS all you want, but the fact of the matter is he's doing it whether you think it's possible or not. Call and speak with Red Armstrong cause from what Alex told me Orlando talks to him a LOT, so I'm sure Red will be more than haapy to fill you in cause I think it's safe to say Red will shoot str8 with you. Last post for me cause I'm a third party guy and you guys that speak about Race Jace aren't and you have a LOT of credibility.:rolleyes:

no cage? guess that expains no pubic exposure....

again, I am not critical of a fellow who has never posted anything or made any claims! Nor do I doubt the facts......I wish you would post your experiences and let others post theirs.....

Originally posted by azgn
I guess the thing that bothers me the most are the 2nd and 3rd party reports......I have no doubt what you say is true, but it somehow lacks credibilty coming from you....if you had done what Orlando did and post about it on this board....fine and dandy....but to continuously bring up a third party you have never met and cite his accomlishments is boring and somewhat demeaning......you do not know absolutely what you are talking about.....for all you know, he could be running a stage block and his car could weigh 2500 lbs!

So lay off the Orlando stuff.....let him toot his own horn...and if he has no interest in that, neither should you!!
Couldn't have said it better!

Brick,

Maybe you should use Geno as your new hero now. Naaah, he does a good job of telling his history on his own!

you guys have been busy while i was out riding my 3 wheeler thru the neiborhood..:D

i'll take Geno as my hero since he has run where i plan to go but im going to cheat alittle and try to be a little lighter which i wont have to make as much hp.= less broke parts.

i am going with my current shortblock right now till i can get the girdled motor toghether

the current bottom end is all stock stuff with fresh bearings and total seals. i plan to also try this on my current 204-214 flat tappet cam.

you guys can laugh at this one but i will be putting hypo pistons in the girdled motor..:eek: since i know they will be fine from other applications i have used them in before.

speaking of Geno since i am still saving up to get my GN1 heads i might just be bolting his old heads on it for now..:cool:

i hooked Geno up with my friend with the GN and he bought Geno's heads and complete top end..and has mentioned putting them on my motor for a lil while since he is building a complete new motor and it will be a lil while before he is ready for them.:D

since it looks like a 45 will do the job i should have it in a week or so once the seller gets it back from being freshened up.

most likely this will go on my ttype to start with since the regal is not ready yet.

my ttype weighs in just under 3700# with me in it so if i can get some good times out of it them im sure the lighter car will run real good.

sorry to say but the regal will be pretty much a race car but it will be driven most every weekend and i hope to get it ready to kick some supra azz at the import/demestic shootout at MIR this year.

thanks to ALL who have replied

if i missed a question i'll get to it later..

c-ya's...RED

Originally posted by REDS HOT AIR
i know i am nuts but my new combo that im working on i want everything on it to be capable of 700 hp..

Hey Bud, You just make sure to stock up on the Depends undergarments.. We don't want to hear of an "accident" at the track when you run that beast:D

ks

Originally posted by azgn
(a real person, with a real car)
why don't you have this Orlando fellow show up for TSM next year or Vegas this year and see if he is for real.......

:rolleyes: ...someone is just a little envious. Thats cool though, it will make it that much sweeter when you have to eat your own words. I will be giving Orlando a call, to see if we can arrange a little publicity for the non-believers.

Oh and do me a favor, and lay off my pal 86brick, your not the only one in the 10's that knows how to have someone build your motor and tune it.

Alex

why is 86brick catching a hard time from others just because he likes a guy who has gone faster than most others have. just because a guy doesn't win a heads up class at the nationals doesn't mean he doesn't have his stuff together. going fast isn't rocket science like some people think it is. it is almost like people are scared too go fast.

I have to say that this is very interesting, I am not learning a thing about the ability of the 45.

Good turbo but not the choice for 650 HP + if you go by what spec sheets say. A 70 series is better for those efforts.

I honestly think a 70 series would be a better choice if shooting for 700 hp....I reckon it can be done with a '45, but "easier" with a 70

Shoebox...no envy here...if anything, admiration...I just get tired of hearing about it from someone other than the person who accomplished the feat...I would be real interested in the details (from him only), maybe we could all learn something!

for those interested i spoke to John Craig again today and he dont recoment the 45 over 650 hp and says a 70 would be better suited for 700 hp.

so does anyone have a 70 laying around?

I have a LT-70 4bolt turbo on my buick right now, But I have ran a 72- 4bolt in the past. With my 3800 A/C converter, I notice No Differance in spool up! If you are really looking to push your buick that hard and dont want to run in the TSM class, Call up John Craig and order a 72-4bolt P-TRIM.;) ;) I really dont see why more buick guys dont run the killer 4-Bolts anyways:D I run an old TurboNetics .81 4-bolt housing that picked up 2MPH+++ over any other ones I have tryed, Even the famous Precision.:rolleyes: With very little if any spool up time lost.:D I think the Qtrim would be alittle to much..
Good luck, And have fun!:)
Matt:cool: