You can type here any text you want

Will GNX offset GTA's fit without fender flares?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
More pics:

Attachments

• gnx offset clearance.jpg
    gnx offset clearance.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 345
  • GNX offset on regal.jpg
    GNX offset on regal.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 393
  • gnx offset on ttype angle view.jpg
    gnx offset on ttype angle view.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 429
  • gnx offset view.jpg
    gnx offset view.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 333
  • gnx offset view from rear.jpg
    gnx offset view from rear.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 337
I have the 1'' billet adapters and I like them better tucked in slightly rather than right to the edge, so I run them with no adapters.:biggrin:

They are VERY nice! They are dead on replicas IMO. I don't see how they could be any nicer and they were packaged extremely well and shipped to me super quickly!

I would like to see a close-up pic from the side with the classic industries on, if you get the chance!

GC

when i first put my GTA's on my Regal, they had 255/60's on all 4 of them, and they cleared perfect in the rear. at the time, i had just one set- 2 fronts, 2 rears- with the fronts on the rear and the rears on the front with 5/16"' spacers.
everything cleared and fit perfect.
the car looked flat out evil with the 255's all around. the GNX flares are just something that ASC tacked onto the cars to make them stand out from the "normal" GN and really serve no purpose beyond looks.

Do you have pics with the switched front & rear GTA wheel setup? I've heard of this being done before but don't think I've seen pics...

The reason for the fender flares were because when you run the GTA's or GNX rims they stick out further then a typical GN rim. That means your fenders and quarter panels will get all chipped up from rocks and road crap flying up on your car. The flares protected the fenders and quarter panels from rock chips for the most part. I ran 4 fronts on my GN and I always seemed to hear "stuff" hitting the sides of the car.

7-2-2007+1-37-31+PM_0051.JPG

7-2-2007+1-36-49+PM_0049.JPG

Looks nice Jim...something I've been meaning to ask you after seeing several of your pics of the GN and TTA...does the city of Philadelphia just let you park anywhere you please when you have cool cars???:biggrin:

I would like to see a close-up pic from the side with the classic industries on, if you get the chance!

GC

Not the best photo, but hopefully it will do the job. Paul

Attachments

• wheel.jpg
    wheel.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 320
Here is a set of properly offset GNX wheels on a 1987 GN with GNX flares that DO NOT require that the fenders be modified. They are riding on BFG g-force sports in proper GNX sizings (245/50ZR-16(F) - 255/50ZR-16(R)). The rims are the RodzGN ones from eBay and the center caps are for WS6 trans-am with vinyl decals over the centers.

FYI, the WS6 caps have a metal cage within the cap to secure it properly to the rim. The stock GNX and other caps that do not have the cage are useless and will fall off if you hit a pot hole.

Attachments

• Photo_050809_001.jpg
    Photo_050809_001.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 259
  • Photo_050809_002.jpg
    Photo_050809_002.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 238
  • Photo_050809_003.jpg
    Photo_050809_003.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 229
  • Photo_050809_004.jpg
    Photo_050809_004.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 225
  • Photo_050809_007.jpg
    Photo_050809_007.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 233
Looks nice Jim...something I've been meaning to ask you after seeing several of your pics of the GN and TTA...does the city of Philadelphia just let you park anywhere you please when you have cool cars???:biggrin:

Thanks! :) I just bring a friend who has one of those Philly PD badges if you know what I mean! ;)

Back