You can type here any text you want

Will i have a issue tuneing with IAC at 00?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cecil bass

Im getting ready to install alot of upgrades to my TR everything seems fine with the way the car runs, but i can not get the the IAC set right for the life of me when the car is cold its in the 40`s or 50`s and as the car warms up it falls to 00 and stays there. Will this pose a problem when it comes to tuneing?

Drive the car around for 10-15 minutes. Then adjust the IAC to 10-15. TPS will change. Next set the TPS to .42/4.5wot.

Joe

Set the TPS to .38 then adjust the IAC. Turn the minimum air adjustment screw counter clockwise to raise the numbers and clockwise to lower them. Be patient and make the adjustments slowly, i turn the screw 1/8'' at a time and let the engine settle out before doing any more adjusting,once the IAC numbers start to change to the adjustments turn the engine off and restart to check them. If no change continue with adjusting and be patient. After the IAC numbers are in the 15 to 25 range (this is where i like them to be but it's up to you where to set them)then reset the TPS to .42 koeo.

If this just started with low iac counts check for vacuum leaks. Don't try to mask a problem.

Back