You can type here any text you want

Will M/T 28x10.5x15 Tires fit?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

my1stgn

Will these tires fit on stock GN 15x7" rims and do I need tubes or no? Thanks

Why do so many people want to cram huge tires onto stock rims? It's a waste of money in buying the tires, they're less effective when the tire's footprint is all messed up by being mounted on too small of a rim. Why spend the money on a set of M/Ts if you're going to squish them onto a small rim and have your sidewalls bulging out and not have them grip like they're supposed to. A set of rear rims isn't that expensive. As Dreamcar said, the tires you're looking at are too wide for the stock rims. Just my two cents, there's a dozen threads a week about "how wide of a tire can I cram onto my stock rims" and I don't see why people don't want to change rims.

Why do so many people want to cram huge tires onto stock rims? It's a waste of money in buying the tires, they're less effective when the tire's footprint is all messed up by being mounted on too small of a rim. Why spend the money on a set of M/Ts if you're going to squish them onto a small rim and have your sidewalls bulging out and not have them grip like they're supposed to. A set of rear rims isn't that expensive. As Dreamcar said, the tires you're looking at are too wide for the stock rims. Just my two cents, there's a dozen threads a week about "how wide of a tire can I cram onto my stock rims" and I don't see why people don't want to change rims.

Yeah I checked and all those tire threads are either "t-type" rims which are 8" wide or the have meterci sizes like 275/60r15 which doesnt translate over when Im comparing it to M/T. Each tires is slightly different and wanted to see if the tire I asked about would fit a stock gn rim. Reason being I could buy a set of stock gn rims for $100 and fit those tires on them, or if need be buy some wider rims which it looks like Ill be doing. Tires have already been ordered and just deciding on which rim to chose. Thanks for the replies!

Tire/Wheels

There is a place in Pymouth, Michigan that widens rims and does very nice work, if you would like I will dig up the phone number.

Back