Winaldl/Power logger questions

I bought a laptop with the powerlogger programs and drivers already installed, I downloaded the winaldl program and bought the cable to go with it but when I hook it up to the car I can't read anything it's not reading the car? What do I havevto do can anybody walk me through this? I'm new to this stuff so take it easy on me! It won't read in either winaldl or powerlogger, I have the new updated winaldl program but don't know how to make it read my car!

I will go easy and stay on for awhile. Winaldl is not needed at at all. With the car running and the laptop running start the powerlogger software. The laptop sshould see the powerlogger. Hit f8. Brad

Man I'm goin to have to do this tomorrow my laptop went DEAD!! Man I appreciate you're help I will do it tomorrow! Hope it leads me somewhere

Man I'm goin to have to do this tomorrow my laptop went DEAD!! Man I appreciate you're help I will do it tomorrow! Hope it leads me somewhere

Stay with the powerlogger. It is the only tool out there where you can tell exactly what is going on with your car. Record your data and share. This is the only tool which can do this. Keep posting. Brad

Ok, I hooked it up pressed f8 and it says monitoring but still not connected, I don't think the parameters are right, not sure how to do it! And set all the stuff

Ok, I hooked it up pressed f8 and it says monitoring but still not connected, I don't think the parameters are right, not sure how to do it! And set all the stuff

When the powerlogger is monotoring the graphs should be moving or on the data page values changing and the engine idles. Is it doing this? Brad

Ok I'm missing something, the ECM is stock with a tt chip, I guess I'm missing a important piece?

The powerlogger is a separate computer board which plugs into the bottom on the ECM and has a socket for connecting the powerlogger board to a laptop. Do you want me to send you a picture? Brad

Ok, I do not have that. All I have is a laptop with a powerlogger program and a obd1 cable that hooks from connector to USB port on computer, where can I get what I need!

Ok, I do not have that. All I have is a laptop with a powerlogger program and a obd1 cable that hooks from connector to USB port on computer, where can I get what I need!

Fullthrottlespeed.com. Its $265.00 but the guessing game is over. Forget any thoughts about a Scanmaster. Brad

Depending on how much you plan to mod you can use winaldl. It works well, just slow to update and kind of difficult to find the log files. Once you figure it out it's great for what it is.