You can type here any text you want

Winch brand recommendations?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I'm looking for a winch to mount on my car trailer and was wondering what brand is best. Probably looking for around a 4000# capability.
The most common brands I see are WARN, SUPERWINCH, and RAMSEY.

What brand is best for durability in your opinion or what brands should I stay away from?

How often do you plan on using it? Warn is the Industry leader, and all the stuff. everything I have read suggests they are the way to go. they are also the only brand I have used as well.

Milemaker also comes to mind. I have no exp with their winches but I have a set of their locking hubs fail on me.

Ramsey is Prolly my second choice.

Let me know what you find out as I am in the market for a 12K winch for my truck.

Dathan

I was leaning towards the Warn, for the 3700# its about $360. For their 4700# its $470.
I also found a RAND brand, can't find anything about them, but a 4000# is about $250 over the internet..probably a China made one.
Hopefully I never have to use it, just going to have it on my trailer in case the GN breaks at the track and can't drive it up... So an el cheapo may do, but I'd hate to have it not work when I needed it the most.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=6970&productId=806&R=806
This is the one that I have mounted on the floor in the front of my 18' trailer. Has worked great for the last two years and have no complaints. I welded a larger plate to the mounting plate that came with the winch and bolted it thur the floor and into the frame. I remove it and place it in the truck or toolbox after I'm through. Its a "off-the-wall china brand" but alot less than others. If you plan to use it alot spend a few hundred more and get atleast a SuperWinch.
I had a 3000# ATV winch on it but someone wanted it more than me and stole it.

James L.

2QUIK6 said:
I was leaning towards the Warn, for the 3700# its about $360. For their 4700# its $470.
I also found a RAND brand, can't find anything about them, but a 4000# is about $250 over the internet..probably a China made one.
Hopefully I never have to use it, just going to have it on my trailer in case the GN breaks at the track and can't drive it up... So an el cheapo may do, but I'd hate to have it not work when I needed it the most.

Winches are one of those things where if they dont work with you need them you are screwed.... I say get the warn or Ramsey and be done with it. I would hunt around yuor local ATV shop and see if they have any used take offs they want to sell.

I have a superwinch S-5000 with a wireless remote. :D
Pulled many dead, wrecked, draging the ground cars
and suv's onto my trailer with no problems.
I run it off a $40 battery jumper box.

Back