window adjustment?

Look where your weather strip mounts on your moldings, under what the weather strip attaches to. There are Phillips head screws that allow you to adjust the actual molding, that holds the rubber, in and out wards... Allowing for a fine adjustment against the window...Mike

Evil,
Yes there are factory adjustments.

In my case, I have to have the window tilted inward to close the gap in the upper rear corner.

I can move the window out so it will go up all the way with the door closed but then I have a gap between the glass and weatherstrip in the upper rear corner.
So you should be able to tweak the molding itself (on the car) outward towards the top and that should close that gap...Mike

Kirban 2 cents worth

Clearing up some of the confusion. The original Pete that did the windows at several of the GS Nationals and wrote the book that we sell is Pete Serio. He actually worked at a GM dealership when these cars were new. He was the guy in the shop that handled the weird issues such as water leaks. While its true water runs down hill he was the guy to find the leaks and correct the problems. Pete Hoffman who used to work for us has learned the skills from Pete Serio and yes does do window adjustments by appointment down at RC shop in Burlington. You can contact him

I am sure its agreed the power window design on ours cars is terrible at best. Whatever challenge you face concerning the windows you do need to buy our window kits and pete Serios book. The main part in our kit includes a plastic guide that needs to be replaced and we include new felt like material that goes on your brackets. Under no circumstances do both windows at once keep the other one untouched so you reinstall the correct brackets in the correct spot. They look very very similar.

Before any adjustments are done I HIGHLY recommend you install the rear seat kit that helps keep the body from flexing which fights your window issues and wind noise. Stiffen the body first so any adjustments you do with the windows stay adjusted!

Weather stripes OEM is virtually non existant. Several companies make weather striping we offer one type and I am looking into another type that may be better. Steele company that is mentioned does not make the ones they sell from what they tell me. One reason their discount is a mere 15% to companies like myself, is because they trade with another source for ones they don;t sell. Again this is what I been told.

The RC turbo window kit will boost the quickness of your windows is one solution. The key is the end result is the dollar bill test meaning a dollar bill should be tight when the window is fully up around the top and front. You accomplish this and you got it rite! I know one trick Pete Serio would do is take a small piece of vacuum hose and tuck it under the weather strip to puff it out where needed. Trick and it works and you don;t see it.

The real pain of course is getting all the old weather stripped out of the tracks prior to doing a new install.

I have no idea why but crank windows don't seem to have all these issues.

Again before doing anything stiffen the car up first! Rear seat braces is the way to go....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Ok since i had the car painted an all new weatherstripping put in i can't get the windows to roll up all the way
yes i have petes book an his window parts bag, i also put in new motors.

would spraying the rubbers with some sort of wd 40? to help the glass slide till it gets moulded to the windows help/?

Any tips appreciated
thanks
Dave

Shmed,

I believe I have hijacked your thread, This will be my last post.

Mike,
I have a hard top car and recall looking at my molding for adjustment. I thought there was none , but I will double check. Thanks for the help everyone.
Rob

Last edited:
If anyone needs window adjustments or has questions let me know.

Thanks!

Pete Hoffman
215 778 1036 Text