You can type here any text you want

Window washer Pump?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Myles

Can any one answer this question. My wipers work fine but when I turn on the squirter no washer fluid comes out I have checked the hoses and there all clear.

When I went to replace the washer pump thinking it was beside the washer bottle to my surprise it looks like is build right into the windshield motor? If this is true do you have to replace the whole wiper motor? If so this is the stupidest design GM has done along with the GN's power brake master cylinder set up!

No you can replace just the pump. You have to remove the black plastic cover that houses the pump. It is held on with 3 screws. Pull the pump out of the cover and replace. Be careful putting the cover back on so you dont break the plastic arm that actuates the pump.

There is a small "L" shaped retainer clip that holds the pump in place. Remove the clip first. Do not simply pull the washer pump out, you can damage the housing. After the clip is out, the electrical pins are all that hold the pump in.

The first time that you remove a washer pump, it might be easier to pull the wiper motor so that you are working right side up and can see how the retainer holds the pump in.

I'm also having a problem with the windshield washer squirter. I've put in a new turn signal/washer control stalk, and also replaced the pump.
Is there something else electrically that would still allow the wipers to work, but not send power to the pump??

Back