You can type here any text you want

Windows 7/ Fast XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mturbo87

Mike
Anyone having trouble with running windows 7 with xfi. Program starts but locks my laptop up. Switch to xp mode and still locks up. :confused:

Anyone having trouble with running windows 7 with xfi. Program starts but locks my laptop up. Switch to xp mode and still locks up. :confused:
My monitor went bad in my xp laptop so i bought a new one last year with vista,both FAST programs cause errors and lock up,this also happened to me tuning to cars for people with their vista laptops as well.i didnt really look for a way around it so i replaced the monitor in my xp unit.

We ran into that issue with Windows 7 and it times out if you try to log and leave it online for any length of time. If you just go online and pull data there is not an issue.

We ran into that issue with Windows 7 and it times out if you try to log and leave it online for any length of time. If you just go online and pull data there is not an issue.
was just changing some values for cold start and locked up, was not loging, just tunning.

was just changing some values for cold start and locked up, was not loging, just tunning.
I think what Jason is saying download your info,make changes offline and the drop the new program in.

XFI works fine with Windows 7 as well as Classic FAST. I run classic, a buddy runs XFI so I had both to test this with. I made videos,

[YOUTUBE]SwRmoygNg4M[/YOUTUBE]

Anyways, you say the laptop locks up, when does it lock up, are you able to connect to the unit through C-com, how are you connecting to the unit, usb-serial, or serial cable.

Let me know this and I can try to help you. I wont brag about my computer experience because people with decades more than me can still be wrong. When I ran my tests with Windows 7 I had my legit MS copy of 7 Ultimate before it was released, I just want to mention that if anyone sees the date when the video was posted, this was not with an RC or beta copy of Windows.

Here is Classic,

[YOUTUBE]a_E5iaomA4E[/YOUTUBE]

I am interested in seeing how this works out.

Sorry, I just read the initial post. So when it locked up, no errors, just locked. Something is wrong, check the data cable first.

Found out that if you run Widows Vista, I have no problem, have to run in a compatibility threw windows 7. Tryed xp mode and that did not work either. Drove car for half an hour tunning for street and worked great.

Both XFI and Classic has been working fine with Windows 7 until recently. Now I get an "incomparable device" error when I try to connect. Running version 1.340.

Anybody else encounter this

After remembering the first time I saw this error was when I tried connecting to an second XFI tried a fresh install, and it worked fine again. I am using Home Premium edition of Windows 7, so there is no XP compatibility mode.

I'm thinking there is there may be two different flash versions in the two XFI boxes that I am using, and as long as I have a separate version of the program for each there should be no problem. I do know the serial number of the XFI is recorded the first time it is connected enabling the ability to save files when not connected to the car.

there is a few guys in my area having issues with the 1.340 version of xfi software and windows 7.

When a problem occurs sometimes making a change live time/ or just veiwing. It's not consistant either.

When you try and veiw the main dashboard it locks the system down hard enough to get a blue screen and the machine has to reboot.

XP is the way to go

there is a few guys in my area having issues with the 1.340 version of xfi software and windows 7.

When a problem occurs sometimes making a change live time/ or just veiwing. It's not consistant either.

When you try and veiw the main dashboard it locks the system down hard enough to get a blue screen and the machine has to reboot.

XP is the way to go

A customer of mine here in MI just told me he was having the same problem with the main dash. I used his Win7 PC to do all the tuning but made sure to avoid the main dash. Had no problems otherwise. I suspect it has something to do with how the USB to serial converter operates with Win7.

The cable is just a com cable and should work the same no matter the OS as long as the proper drivers are installed. If the main dash locks up the system there could be a program issue there. My main tuning laptop for fast is an XP Pro laptop but I have other Win7 laptops I can mess with. Its going to storm here today so maybe I will head down to my car and see if I cant get it to lock up with Win7. One difference though, I run classic.

The cable is just a com cable and should work the same no matter the OS as long as the proper drivers are installed. If the main dash locks up the system there could be a program issue there. My main tuning laptop for fast is an XP Pro laptop but I have other Win7 laptops I can mess with. Its going to storm here today so maybe I will head down to my car and see if I cant get it to lock up with Win7. One difference though, I run classic.

The classic FAST software goes into a slower communication mode with >14 sensors being displayed in online mode, and I think the XFI version is the same. I wonder if Win7, or perhaps the Win7 drivers for the USB to serial converter don't like that mode. If so you may be able to duplicate it with a classic FAST as well. This is purely conjecture on my part but perhaps it is relevant.

Please keep us apprised, it will be interesting to hear your results. There are certainly several people who have experienced the issue.

I will give an update. I only know two people running XFI and one of those cars is in the body shop so I cant mess with it. The other one, I might be able to gain access to at some point.

Com ports will not make the machine lock up. They are simply a communication port and will fail immediately if no communication can be made.

I am back to report that CcomWP worked flawlessly on my Win7 machine. I connected to my box, opened the main dash, verified it was working, opened up the VE table and verified it was working. I then set up logging with a manual trigger using the largest dash available. As expected Ccom returned a message stating the logging would be slow due to the large dash but it did work. I then changed to a smaller dash and it still worked. I went ahead and opened the main dash along with the VE table while playing a log and still connected to the car. It slowed it down a little doing all these things at once but still managed to do them without locking up or throwing any errors.

I noted my build number in Ccom as 1.020 if that matters to anyone. I also shot a video of everything I mentioned above if anyone wants to see it I will upload it.

seems like a good time to revive this thread. just got a little netbook for tuning and logging the xfi. it has windows 7, and i'm getting the blue screen and a reboot.:mad: i think it is when the master dash is opened also. has anyone figured out a fix yet?

Although, this is probably not related to the blue screen, please make sure you aren't logging too many sensors on the Master Dash. It has been known to lock things up. I have seen that mistake quite often.

Back