You can type here any text you want

Windows 7/ Fast XFI

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
seems like a good time to revive this thread. just got a little netbook for tuning and logging the xfi. it has windows 7, and i'm getting the blue screen and a reboot.:mad: i think it is when the master dash is opened also. has anyone figured out a fix yet?

I did the same thing you did in the spring.. could not get it to work consistantly no matter what we tried it kept getting the EXACT blue screen and reboot. I had an IT guy help with reconfigure everything possible trying to get it to work.. no luck! Got a nice older laptop with a new battery and XP and have never had another issue.

I've been considering getting a FAST XFI, but have heard from several people that they were having problems with it running on Windows 7. A friend (Jim Anson) bought a brand new laptop with Windows 7 and loaded it with C-ComWP and had reproducible issues with Windows 7 crashing whenever he brought up the dashboard.

This afternoon I decided to give it a shot his FAST XFI and my netbook. I loaded C-ComWP version 1.340 on my netbook and connected it to his FAST XFI using his serial to USB adapter. I was able to bring up C-ComWP, connect to his FAST XFI, brought up the dashboard, Recorded, save the recording, read his tune and save his tune to a file. It worked flawlessly and I did not change any of the properties on the C-ComWP window settings.

My Acer One Netbook originally came with Windows XP, however last year I upgraded the OS to Windows 7 Home Premium. I don't know if that has any bearing on this experience or not.

I know this isn't an answer to the problems people are having, but thought I'd pass along that I've seen it work perfectly on one laptop and crash on another using the same FAST XFI and Windows 7.

maybe it is just the 7 starter , i went and got a bunch of panasonic cf-28's. i think they are the best computer to be dedicated for car use. put xp on one and it worked awesome. you can see the screen better. i wouldn't want to use my personal computer for the car. really wanted a small netbook, but happy with it now.

My Toshiba with XP has zero issues. My Toshiba with Vista crashes intermittantly. The screen freezes and it does a complete re-boot.

Fast has a different set of drivers for Vista for use with the USB adapter..i've tried both drivers and still have the problem.. I feel the problem is the USB converter/software creating the issues...

I'm going to try a different brand USB converter and see if the problems go away.

Note.. I own two FAST USB converters.. both develop the issue randomly. I can be connected for 1 minute sometimes or 20 minutes.. no ryme or reason.. just bang... shuts down.

If I go in download the log and disconnect.. kind of like sticking my hands in the cookie jar.. non issue.

Anyone else?

wanted to add.. I just went on Ebay and searched USB to Serial adapter.. 1344 adds.. you type in USB to Serial adapter Vista.. only 30 adds.. and none of them support the 64 bit only the 32 bit on Win7.

Just bought a 4.00 dollar one shipped.. see if I get lucky.. :redface:

Back