windshield squeeks

InHock

:confused: I have an 87gn and the metal piece that is below the windshield is rubbing against the glass and squeeking real bad. I have noticed there is a [looks like a thin piece of film] under that metal piece and was needing to know if that film came from the factory that way [anyone else car have this?] If not what causes this and how do you stop the noise? I have had a new windshield installed and that did not stop it. thanks:confused:

It could be...

The hood bumper. It is a rubber bumper that supports the center of the hood. It is right in the middle at the firewall. Put some lubricant on it. I use a bit of engine oil.
See if that helps.

Use the search button, there is probably several 100 threads on how to fix this.

The colder it is outside, the more you will notice the squeaking noise, as was said put some grease on the rubber stop by the windshield under the hood, it's not just your car doing this!

Thanks everyone for your help!! I will check this out when I get home today. I thought their had to be a remedy for this.

hood rubber bumpers

I got home last night after i read the post and checked for the rubber bumpers under the hood to keep my windshield from squeeking and their were non there. the rubber pieces were gone. where can i get some? No wonder it was making that noise!! thanks

They might be available from GM but I got mine from NAPA a few years ago. Not quite the same but nobody notices. I still put a dab or grease on them even when they were new.

Thanks, I will check at napa and oreillys too. I dont know if our gm dealer has anybody that is capable of looking in the right place to find them.