wire power antenna

gn4u2c

Yes Its fast no you can't
Ok my antenna is power ( duhh) anyway it is all the way up car has a eclipe headunit it has a power antenna lead that is marked but can not find the wire in the car ther is 2 orange wires together that have been cut but that is all I can find. unhooked it under hood and jumped wires it goes up and down fine whe I hook up the lead to one of the orange wires I hear a slight click noise but that's it any help would be great.

Get those 2 orange wires back together!

The 2 orange wires need to be spliced back together, make sure that one of the orange wires is constant 12 volts. If it is not, check the 20 amp fuse that is the power that feeds the relay which will run antenna up and down.

The pink wire is the signal wire from head unit that will tell antenna relay to send antenna up with 12 volts and down when head unit is shut off. Here is a link for the diagram which will tell you how it is properly wired:

http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/images/wiring_images/pwr_antenna_circuit.jpg

If you need any help, just let me know. I hope this will help you out.

thanks it was the wire's pink and orange I'm about half color blind so I got my girl to identify the colors Heck at least i know the car is black!