wiring a gn engine for a NON BUICK CAR ~~~~please help !!!!

ttaowner

so back in about 1992 my cousin and i dreamed of putting a small block chevy in a chevette well i still have that dream kind of but it now involves a LC2 .i have the car,the engine and tranny, and i will pick up a 8.5 posi rear to get in it in the future.

my only possible stumbling blocks my be motor mounts which i may have to make although hooker made a kit to fit a buick v6 in there before. also am slightly concerened about the manifolds fitting in there. the tranny should fit fine since the car already has a 200c in it. gonna run a external pump with new fuel lines.

my only possible problem is how to adapt the 2 harness or make this fuel injected engine run in this non fuel injected car. i have a complete take out engine with ecm,harness, maf,etc... i just dont know how to wire it up. i saw a youtube video where you can take a ls1 style engine run in a 55 chevy and the kept it fuel injected using the factory harness i imagine the same can be done in this case as well.

i know the engines have been swapped into everything so i know it can be done.

http://www.youtube.com/results?sear....6552.0.7067.11.11.0.1.1.0.249.1482.0j8j1.9.0.

vette.jpg

vette1.jpg

vette2.jpg

vette3.jpg

vettewheelie.png

On gnttype.org, there is a write up by Cal giving the electrical lead pin outs for the engine harness. It is really just a matter of sending 12 volts to afew wires that go to the fuse box and afew wires to the ecm side, and grounds. This is what I did with the Cutlass in my sig, still using the factory Cutlass dash and dash harness.

The engine harness is really just for the engine and trans. Other wiring that relates would be brake switch for converter lockup and fuel pump priming/wiring. I really cannot think of much else.

The wiring will be easy compared to the tube frame, roll cage, and suspension work you probably will need. :eek:

Believe it or not james... i would love to take part in that project. Any interest. We could even do it at my shop. I bet with 3 of us we could finish it in two weekends. My friend,/ employee ron is an awsome welder fabbricator. Fun project for sure. I have the place and the know how,you have the parts. Lets do it.

It's doable. One of the guys in Toronto shoehorned a 109 into an early 70's Celica.

Not sure there was a question there, but here's my info on wiring the GN engine harness...

c437conn.gif

GN_C100.JPG

Now all we need is the $20 for the 1983 Chevette manual and we can hook it all up. ;)

Don't forget the 200 lbs. of steel needed for reinforcement to run 10's. :p

It'll be easier with a FAST stand alone harness than adapting the 25 year old OEM harness.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
This is intended to be a low dollar project to see how fast I can get with a stock engine with some bolt ons. Don't really want to invest $800 in a harness from caspers or $2000 in a xfi.

The money I am gonna have to spend and there is no getting around it is in the rear end .

Engine and tranny I already own and are essentially free. I bought a truck load of parts a couple years ago and I have tons of free gaskets and other engine parts that I am gonna use.

Planning on using a walbro 340 external pump from full throttle $115 shipped on that. Maybe put a te44 and slic if I can get it to fit and some 60# injectors and maybe a alkycontrol kit. I'm not trying to set any records here just want a fast street car for cheap that will surprise quite a few people and look unsuspecting.

I quite driving turbo regals full time recently due to all the thefts I see all over the country and my cars that I drove weren't shiny and perfect but drew a lot of attention none the less so I am hoping I can drive this car without fear of theft because it's only a chevette right?

Earcher1 aka Ed and I were discussing a plan and we got a plan.

I found a chevette factory manual on amazon for like $25 but I'm gonna try to score one at a swapmeet this up coming weekend

Hope you are going to narrow the rear unless you are going for the 70's rear tires hanging out of the wheelwells. That would kill your sleeper look/

Man, James, I thought you were kidding! I have a classic FAST stand alone harness......maybe could work out a deal.. Phil.

Hope you are going to narrow the rear unless you are going for the 70's rear tires hanging out of the wheelwells. That would kill your sleeper look/
I'm already planned on doing that. Probably going to get a 8.5 out of a 70-81 f body and narrow it. The chevette has 2 lower control arms and a pan hard bar and a torque tube. Probably will cut brackets off stock rear and reeled. Then I will need to figure out some to keep the rear from twisting up. I tried calling a number that I was given for phoff / Pete Hoffman I was told he was the one doing the gnx suspension. I figured if I could use a gnx cover to fix the torque tube problem perhaps