You can type here any text you want

wiring FAST sequential

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fear1

i have a sequential setup with ind. cyl. control and am unsure about some of the wiring. i know the large red and black go to the battery and was told the pink wire is start/run power. i also have two small black wires and not sure if they are both grounds. i understand that i lose fuel pump and fan control due to the ind. cyl. control and wondered if the small black wires were for those options.

thanks in advance
Andy Fears

I have the sequential system with the ind cyl control and still have control over the fuel pump and fan. The system still controls at what temp the fan runs and how long the fuel pump runs upon start up.

I can't find my wiring instructions, but have the harness from Precision Eng and Turbo.

Sorry I can't help with the wiring, now I got to go look for the paperwork :(

fast sequential

i forgot to say that i have IAC. do you have it? if not that may be why you still have fan and pump control

Andy

Ok, now i'm confused.

I have a sequential system without individual cylinder control but with IAC, haven't got it installed yet, and was told by the techs at FAST that it would NOT work with the fan or fuel pump and I would have to setup sepparate systems for them.

I would really like to be able to do both through the ECU, so if it will work that will be good news.

I think you should goto the Fast site below and read what the sequential come with.

http://fuelairspark.com/catalog/sequential.asp

I also cut and past this part

STANDARD FEATURES:
Idle Air Control
Fan and fuel pump control
1-stage nitrous oxide control
Knock retard with programable parameters

I don't think for the Grand National or turbo 6 ECM has the nitrous control because I believe it's output/input are used for something else on our cars.

I hope that helps

yea, I had seen that before but in the manual that was with my system it contridicted that and said they weren't supported on sequential systems. Then I asked one of the phone techs (mike I think, it's been a while) and he said that it infact didn't support fan or fuelpump in sequential systems.

:confused:

Well I don't know what to say. Maybe Lance or Craig will answer why.

I do know my system does control the fuel, fan and IAC.

I have had my system for about 4 or 5 years now and got through Conley's Performance Plus where it was supplied to by Precision Eng and Turbo. Lawrence and Harry have always given me FIRST CLASS tech support and the system works as advertised.

I have only had to contact FAST once when I first got the data logger and had a wiring problem and again the support was FIRST CLASS.

Since the sequential system can come in different configurations I guess it is possible a system don't have control over IAC, FUEL or FAN.

Maybe you can send it in before you install it and have it included?

Sorry I can't help more

The SEFI Buick systems have two extra control outputs available on the microprocessor as they are intended for 6 cylinder applications only. The extra two outputs were allocated to fan and pump control.

Not to mention that the system was designed by Buick guys, so you KNOW the Buick system would have all the cool stuff... :cool:

Back