You can type here any text you want

wiring issue

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

asloan5

Corn Fed alcoholic
I have xfi w-caspers box. battery mounted in trunk. all conections are good as I can tell. on a hard launch I'm loosing power to ecu for a split second then the car continues the run fine. my battery is grounded directly to the frame then everything else grounds off of the frame. I'm going to run a dedicated ground to the ecu directly from battery. I would like to isolate the power and trigger for the caspers/xfi system to switches controlled by me and not the cars original wiring harness and column switches. Wich wires from factory haness need to be energized when the key turns on. I realize that the orange wire is power to the ecu from battery just need to know which others I need to manually trigger ie the same as key on.

here is a log around 3.5 seconds to 3.6 is the issue
And thanks to cal for taking the time to tune my xfi while in gainesville. he looked very busy with D.Cruz but did take the time to go over my program serveral times

Attachments

• cutout.jpg
    cutout.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 151
XFI Pin B18 is the battery power to the XFI and B17 is the switched power to the XFI. Look at those grounds too! Also pay attention to the wires running from your ignition box to your coil and try and keep them as isolated as possible. Please don't hesitate to call.

should I run the wire directly to the xfi plug or should I connect in on the input side of the caspers box

what else runs the car the hot wire for the ccci, fuel pump and the pins b18 and b17 have been isolated to my own switches and relays and power source but when I turn the key off car still shuts off. I also discovered a fuel supply issue on my latest log where the fuel pressure was ramping up 62 64 .. and then fell to 52 lbs when it should have been around 66 for .10 seconds at the beginning of the launch after it rebounded it ran fine just trying to get rid of this stumble

Back