You can type here any text you want

Witnessed the "No Pursue Policy" in action yesterday.....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Mike T

Was getting into my truck at a local big box store (building supplies) early yesterday morning when I heard the alarm at the front door go off. This guy walks out wearing an orange safety vest carrying two huge boxes of Dewalt power tools.

Two employees circled the front door area watching the guy kind of jogging by now to his car parked at the pro pick up at the end of the building. There were two store employees (big guys) under the breezeway at pro pick up 10 feet from his car where he simply opened the back door, threw the stuff in and began to leave.

Because he was wearing the orange safety vest I did not realize he was a thief until one of the employees under the breezeway took a picture of his tag.

Must be very frustrating to just stand by and watch this happen because someone may get sued.

Last edited:
Why risk injury or getting shot for a couple hundred dollars worth of tools? Let the police do their job. If it was a small store then the owner certainly can do what they feel they need to.

Why risk injury or getting shot for a couple hundred dollars worth of tools? Let the police do their job. If it was a small store then the owner certainly can do what they feel they need to.

It's the principle, even caught in the act. These A-holes have been empowered by our "hope and change" society. Shoulda popped him in situ and sent him to the promise land...

Nope, let the theft prevention or the police do their job. It's a big box store with big insurance. Any injury by an employee or the thief would get them sued. Rather not see a thief get a payday by a mistake of an untrained employee. They got his plate. The police can track him down. A citizen can get involved but I'm sure they would sue the store for a million dollars if they got injured too.

It' total BS, they are robbing you and you get sued because you stopped the commission of a crime. Total f*#%ing BS.

Of course if some was getting hurt then stepping in would be right.

Most crime in DC metro area is comitted by people driving stolen cars or stolen tags.

It' total BS, they are robbing you and you get sued because you stopped the commission of a crime. Total f*#%ing BS.

You misplace the lawsuit risk. The policy is there to prevent a potentially injured employee suing the company.

No I didn't people get sued when crook breaks into their home and falls and gets hurt and other such BS

No I didn't people get sued when crook breaks into their home and falls and gets hurt and other such BS
I've heard that also, but, never have I known it to happen to anyone personally. Never even read it in the paper or seen it on the news. So, does this really happen or is it an urban legend?

Was getting into my truck at a local big box store (building supplies) early yesterday morning when I heard the alarm at the front door go off. This guy walks out wearing an orange safety vest carrying two huge boxes of Dewalt power tools.

Two employees circled the front door area watching the guy kind of jogging by now to his car parked at the pro pick up at the end of the building. There were two store employees (big guys) under the breezeway at pro pick up 10 feet from his car where he simply opened the back door, threw the stuff in and began to leave.

Because he was wearing the orange safety vest I did not realize he was a thief until one of the employees under the breezeway took a picture of his tag.

Must be very frustrating to just stand by and watch this happen because someone may get sued.
Let him have it,one day he will steal from the wrong person.

It's just money! Not worth getting shot or whatever.

It's exactly this attitude that EMPOWERS these asshats to commit crimes! This nation is in the sh*tter because no one wants to stand up for what's right. It's so much easier to keep your face buried in your phone and let the freak show roll on...

Back