wont shift untill I floor it and let off?

Roman86GN

Hey guys,

I have a stock 86, I just installed the ck shift kit and finally got the car running. I have a brand new 2800 stall converter in there. Went for a drive and the car wont shift into second on its own. I have to floor it and let off and then it bangs into gear. Same seems to be happening with the other gears as well. if i just accelerate the trans will not shift on its own, just keeps reving up.
all so seems to feel like its slipping at times.

When I try to get on it nothing happens just boosts up and blows off the boost but no shift. after driving for a while like this car began to bog down and sputtering while driving.

If you have any idea what this sounds like please help! I am unsure where to start looking! I did adjust the tv cable to 2 clicks.

Thank you!

Red Flag! If it's slipping don't drive that car anymore until you do some diagnosis or you'll be yanking the whole thing out. When installing a kit, you may have anything from a misplaced checkball to a sticking valve. You should call Chris for assistance.

I set the TV cable all the way towards the firewall, then depressed the accelerator. I heard it click twice, and thats what Ive read needs to happen. If I am doing it wrong, please let me know.

Thank you
Roman

The best way to adjust it is to disconnect the T.V. cable from the throttle body...open the throttle all the way by hand...adjust the T.V. cable so it is about 1/8 inch short of going on the throttle arm when it is pulled all the way out...then reconnect the cable. This will give you a good starting point. You may have to readjust the cable ONE CLICK AT A TIME to get the proper feel and shift points after you take it out for a drive.