Woodward Dream Cruise

TWISTER

I plan on going to Woodward this year and wondered who else is going. Prolly take the Buick but may also take a 66 Vette. I was there a few years ago and need to go back. Thought about trailering the car to within a half hour or so anyone know where I can leave a Yukon and trailer? Might go up fri and stay the nite but I want my car there when I wake up. Thanks Marty

I just joined MBTC!

I will be there on wednesday, i saw the vids and pix from last year.....man I wish my car didn't die on the way there...I got to 12 mile and had to limp back home to East Pointe....this year I will push my GN if I have to.

I look forward to meeting all you guys from the area and beyond.

Mike Foley

Now that I am back in a Buick, I will be there to run with the big dogs again! :D

We always have a great turnout for this event, I am sure this year will be better than ever!

Brian Hofer

what time does everyone start to show up on wednesday? and what time is the sweet part where everyone leaves the parking lot in a row? i might have to take my roadmaster...tranny on the GN only drives good with the TCC unplugged. think the gn would be ok with it unplugged? :confused:

mike

Mike, running with the TCC unplugged will damage the tranny at highway speeds. Normally, around town under 45 mph the converter is not locked anyway so cruising woodward won't be a problem. Not sure where you live so a prolonged freeway drive to get there would be hard on it.

Before you take the tranny to Brian you might try swapping in a new converter solinoid. If that doesn't work it is most likely your converter.

I just joined. Looking forward to having someone to cruise with. You guys mind if we bring the GSX too?

Renthorin said:
Mike, running with the TCC unplugged will damage the tranny at highway speeds. Normally, around town under 45 mph the converter is not locked anyway so cruising woodward won't be a problem. Not sure where you live so a prolonged freeway drive to get there would be hard on it.

Before you take the tranny to Brian you might try swapping in a new converter solinoid. If that doesn't work it is most likely your converter.

Thanks guys. I live in East Pointe, so I will just take 8 mile there (40 mph). I gotta have the GN there this year. I made it 1/2 way there last year before my car started acting up. I'll push it there before I miss this again. I was so disappointed last year I barely drove it at all after that....until this spring.

As soon as I get enough cash, probably tax refund next year, I am going to give Brian a call.

Brian, I should have just swapped you the Hurst for a tranny like we talked about! I still kick myself. But, it's ok....soon enough I will have a tranny from you.

So...6pm? Hell, I got the day off....I'll probably get there way before that.

My GN has the Blacked out Taillights, My name is Mike. Hope to see you all there. I love talking about Grand Nationals.

I'm going to bring my new camera, 7mp, and it takes sweet video, too.

Anyone going to video the cars leaving the lot like a couple years ago? Man....I put that video on loop for like 10 minutes!

Mike

sailbrd said:
I just joined. Looking forward to having someone to cruise with. You guys mind if we bring the GSX too?

Doug,
I think the addition of another Buick of any kind is a good thing!
The more the better. :D

Mike, I could put you into a trans tomorrow if you needed one. I have a couple all the time. I may have a new TCC switch here I could donate. I will see what I can come up with.

We will all trickle in around 6ish. I hope to be there shortly after 5pm if possible.

See you all there...
Thanks, Brian

Wednesday Night Woodward

Hey all-
Can't wait for Wednesday night at the MP- we always have 25+ TR's just swarming their lot, then out to the streets. The looks and comments we get are just priceless- vids are a must!

While I'm here, don't forget we have Norwalk rented for Friday, September 19- best track you'll ever run!

See everyone Wednesday night- looks like we're heading for some perfect cruisin' weather too.

Patty

You may only be young once, but you can remain immature indefinitely.

What time are all the festivities happening? Trying to see what time my daughter can get out of work and we can bing both Buicks.

Renthorin,
Will be coming down US 23 then work our way over to Woodward. Not sure of best route, may be able to meet you on the way there.

Hey Doug- we try to get there (and the lot next door) at about 6 or so, hang out and eyeball everyone else's cars, then try to hit Woodward by 7. If we get separated, we meet back up in the lot off and on all night. The hard cores end up having something to eat about 10 or so, then back outside.

Been waiting to hear from the Canadian Contingent, Granny 2 (we can't have a proper interstate/international cruise without ya!). You might want to get an early start this time; I think the border's been a little slow since this Heathrow thing this week.

The more the better- the "tourists" just love us!

Patty
As a matter of fact,I do own the road.