Work In Progress: 1981 Buick Regal 3.8 N/A

81 Regal Man

Hi, guys.

Figured I would post some pics of WIP Regal. Got it and then the master cylinder failed at 45mph and I rear ended a stopped Infiniti, so it has some slight front end damage. I am cloning the front and rear to look like that of a GN anyways, but the price for the front end alone is $1,044.00 according to my part sources.

Also, I only gave $500 for the car in this good of shape. An older gentlemen that didn't know how much the car could have went for, sold it to me for $500. This car only has 70,000 original miles on it. GREAT deal in my opinion.

Here are pics of her before the wreck.

WARNING: LOTS of pictures.

292l200.jpg

acaavb.jpg

12211sm.jpg

352j1o9.jpg

x2ji8o.jpg

1zxbczm.jpg

2i6dwnb.jpg

oizti0.jpg

2mzy8ao.jpg

2zxrwbc.jpg

Wow very nice car for $500. Piece of advice don’t say the “c” word or you may need body guards. Lol any how very nice car. you should convert it to a carbed turbo setup. It would be a cheap option.

Wow very nice car for $500. Piece of advice don’t say the “c” word or you may need body guards. Lol any how very nice car. you should convert it to a carbed turbo setup. It would be a cheap option.

Thank you very much. It was definitely a great pickup for $500. I have plans for a turbo. I am actually looking into buying a rebuilt 3.8 Carb Turbo for $1,425. It is currently rated to make around 300rwhp in it's current condition. I have yet to get more details, but I will keep this topic up to date with my purchases, plans, work, etc. Thanks for commenting.

Take care.
-Terence.

Thanks, batmansbuick and regal-nut. I love the car. Even though I havent been able to drive her around for a while. Spun a rod bearing and thank goodness it did NOT fly out the block or I would have to spend even more money. Just bought the new connecting rods and a set of lifters. Just gotta get em installed now. Once the tear-down begins, I will post progress pics of the engine tear-down and rebuild. Thanks again.