You can type here any text you want

Would i benefit much from a LS1 Maf....

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Stock Maf

Are you seeing 255g's out of the Stock Maf?

There is a significant amount of backpressure the 3.5" and Z06 Mafs release over the stock, it's not a waste of money considering there are power and reliability benefits to those Mafs.

To answer your question yes im see'ing 255g's on my direct scan....

I have a goal of getting a 10 second slip one day and was wondering if this would be a step in the right direction,all my mod's are in my signature...

thanks for your time and thoughts in advance

Wow thanks for all the responses....

For now i will just leave it alone until the stock maf die's....

I think that is smart when you factor in the $$$.

When I upgraded from a stock maf to an LT1 my drivability improved (it does on virtually every car that makes the switch), and back then I was still heavy into racing. I picked up a consistent 1-1.2 tenths, and 2 mph.

I gained virtually identical numbers when upgrading from the LT1 maf to the LS1 sensor.

BTW, I'm one of those high 11 second guys that "shouldn't have needed" such an upgrade. Going from low 12's into the 11.60's? Needed? I consider it money well spent.

Dave- are you saying the 3.5" MAF and Translator shaved you .2-.24 seconds or .5 seconds?

To answer your question yes im see'ing 255g's on my direct scan....

I have a goal of getting a 10 second slip one day and was wondering if this would be a step in the right direction,all my mod's are in my signature...

thanks for your time and thoughts in advance

I don't know how quick Direct Scan updates compared to the Powerlogger but I saw 255gs too but I also so drop outs. None now.

Dave- are you saying the 3.5" MAF and Translator shaved you .2-.24 seconds or .5 seconds?

The 3.5 knocked just a smidger over 1.5 tenth off the 3"
Overall I gained .4 and >3mph better than the stock maf when all was said and done.

I ran my car tonight at Orlando Speedway....

The info/photo's are in the time slip/combo section of this site....

Any thoughts would be appreciated...

Back