You can type here any text you want

WRX gets introduction of Grandpa's Buick

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
So there i was out on Main ST. with my brother and a friend, my brother was driving my car since he is very good at driving my 85 Grand National, and i dont have my license yet. We hear that two local cars were going to race, a 2002 Subaru WRX with intake and exhaust, and a 1998 Mustang GT ,both only having the driver in the car. We decided we would go check this out, they were just pulling up to the stop light as we come up behind them, they were both brake reving getting ready to launch as we were sitting at an idle, they both launched and my brother decided to mash the trottle behind them the mustange lost horribly and turned off on a side road as we went blowing past him. No longer at full throttle all three of us in the buick were nipping on the WRX's bumper while he still was at WOT we shut it down at about 80-85 because we had to turn around right up ahead. The driver of the WRX was very supprised to see and old grandpa's Buick crawling up behind him. Well anyways we found him at the racetrack during real street drags and decided to see if he wanted to race, well we put $5 on the race and it ended up that we had him by about 6 car lengths in the 1/4 mile.

i was running a slugish 14.431 @ 96.518 60' 2.18 after all i guess it is a hotair. I had no grip and later found out that i have a ton of motor problems that im now fixing.

also is that STI truly stock because there was some kid there running a 14.4 with an intake on his, he must have just been a crappy driver, what are you running with 17 PSI on the regular WRX

It was truly stock when I ran that. Now with its set up I should be in the mid-high 12's. But I am untuned so I will wait untill then to go to the track. With that 14.4 quarter run, it sounds like a regular WRX not STi. Or the guy really, really, really sucked at driving. An intake on a WRX generally dosnt make any power gains what-so-ever. It actually makes the car slower in some situations (AEM, cough*). The WRX is no longer with us, it was totalled by a buick roadmaster doin over 60mph. I sold the shell to a rally car builder. He said it would be a race car within a year.

Nick

it is a true WRX STI i looked it over and the kid said he bought it right from the dealership i know the kid.

He is then an idiot. Making a car run a second slower in the1/4 mile. What a dousche.

Nick

Back