You can type here any text you want

WTB: 10 sec hard top '87 GN w/ A/C

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

rwrows

Guys,

I'm looking for a car that appears mostly stock but will run 10s all day long. Must be '87 GN hardtop. Must be black. Mileage does not matter, as long as the car is clean. I am located in Philly, but am willing to travel. I want a well built car that isn't going to break. Looking for it to have nice heads on it, girdled block, transbrake, built trans, very streetable.... the whole nine yards. no spool or cage or anything like that. must have 2004r, power windows, power locks, analogue sweep speedo (don't want a digital speedo). want a decent sound system. don't want anything that has been hacked at. Sorry for being picky guys but I think/know I'm going to be looking for a while, and if any of you are thinking about selling yours in the near future, let me know, so I can make the proper arrangements. Trying to spend less than $14,000. While I do have the cash in hand, I also have quite a few cars I'd be willing to trade or trade + cash, or whatever, if they haven't already been sold. So let me know what you guys have. I've been looking and haven't seen any for sale that are set up the way i want. Thanks for looking.

R

check this one out

I have seen this car and it is awesome. I know its not black,but it looks pretty stock and is in fantastic shape. craiglist Connecticut New Haven type in grand national

I have seen this car and it is awesome. I know its not black,but it looks pretty stock and is in fantastic shape. craiglist Connecticut New Haven type in grand national

thanks for the info but i'm lookin for strictly a GN.

I have one. It needs fresh paint, but interior is great. 6k spent on motor, tranny has shift kit, smc alky kit, ans knock sensor, 47k original miles. 1987 GN hardtop. Call me 304-855-3978eves, or 304-380-0246. I have plenty of pcis and previous owner is available for info on all the mods. It needs stock wheels, but otherwise looks stock. Look forward to hearing from you. Car will get 25mpg on trip with cruise set. Will half track most anything arround here!!!

What you describe will be hard to find for the price you want to pay:biggrin: . You have to consider the fact that an engine that would be reliable and the trans that will back it up would cost about $10k together. A lot more if an S2. Thats not including any other work done to the car. If you look long enough you will find someone dumping a highly modded GN cheap.

10 second GN

I agree with Bison.
I have a 10 second Gn with air no cage and a 200r4.
It cost me as a little more than 14k to put it together!
Ok, a lot more than 14k to put it together.
Anyway, I sent him a price for it.
It aint cheap, but it's a 10 second GN.
Good luck on your search!
Jason
AffordableGN

What you describe will be hard to find for the price you want to pay:biggrin: . You have to consider the fact that an engine that would be reliable and the trans that will back it up would cost about $10k together. A lot more if an S2. Thats not including any other work done to the car. If you look long enough you will find someone dumping a highly modded GN cheap.

I agree with Bison.
I have a 10 second Gn with air no cage and a 200r4.
It cost me as a little more than 14k to put it together!
Ok, a lot more than 14k to put it together.
Anyway, I sent him a price for it.
It aint cheap, but it's a 10 second GN.
Good luck on your search!
Jason
AffordableGN

You guys are proving my point that building your own 10 second car is 3 times more expensive than buying a car already built. I am still looking. Serious. Thanks.

CASH IN HAND GUYS.

DSC00479.jpg

You need to sell more cars i think , another 10,000 will get you mine .

You need to sell more cars i think , another 10,000 will get you mine .

there are currently a few very nice gns on the market with a/c that run low 11s/high 10s and at least one that is a proven 10 second car. They are asking about $7k less than your firm price. if they weren't so darn far from me i would have one sitting in my garage. :biggrin: . still might try for one. i'm not in a huge rush. although i have a nice car on the way out that would easily put me in a position to buy yours. i've toyed with the idea of buying that nice stage II car that goes 10.12 effortlessly. it's easily a nine second car with a/c and overdrive. he's asking somewhere around your number.

Thats fine can't blame ya there guys are giving these cars away because of the market being down . I dont care if i sell it but i wouldnt give mine away , meant no disrespect , good luck finding a nice one , you'll find it. :)

thanks. i actually just watched your video. your car is VERY NICE. love the bald M/T DRs. that was great when you smoked the tires on the highway. those other cars must not have been able to see. awesome!!

I agree, there are some very good buys out there right now. If you are patient you will find what you are looking for. But if you have to pay a few more $ to get what you want do it.

thanks. i actually just watched your video. your car is VERY NICE. love the bald M/T DRs. that was great when you smoked the tires on the highway. those other cars must not have been able to see. awesome!!

Thanks man .haha yeah those tires lasted me 3 yrs , even down to the cords still dead hook on the street , just bought brand new hoosier drag radials for it , its gonna hook really hard with the suspension done now, i can foot brake it to 10lbs of boost easy . my motor was built to go high 9's , with c-16 with the 66 at 25 to 27 lbs should run easy mid tens , lighting quick spool on the street . i was barely touching the throttle for the burn out , its just to easy to burn em haha.

whats your guys thoughts on a 1984 t-type stage 2. runs 10.31 at 137 mph with 23 lbs of boost on c-16 with an easy leave of the foot break for $17,000 good buy or not there is $32,000 in the car. kinda curious

whats your guys thoughts on a 1984 t-type stage 2. runs 10.31 at 137 mph with 23 lbs of boost on c-16 with an easy leave of the foot break for $17,000 good buy or not there is $32,000 in the car. kinda curious

thats a steal the motor alone is 20,000 +, what are you waiting for ?

well i'm in the process of buying a house so i'm going to try and work it in, but i'm in manitoba canada and the car is in michigan so the shipping is 1700 bucks to get it to where i am. its a big investment for me but there are days i say yup and there are days i say no i don't know. hard to say better hurry up though.

well i'm in the process of buying a house so i'm going to try and work it in, but i'm in manitoba canada and the car is in michigan so the shipping is 1700 bucks to get it to where i am. its a big investment for me but there are days i say yup and there are days i say no i don't know. hard to say better hurry up though.

have you went and looked at the car? i am interested in 2 cars right now and they are very far away. i was thinking of doing a long distance transaction and then shipping the car. i really don't have time to go out and look at them though. any advice on this type of transaction?

Back