You can type here any text you want

WTB 1986 GREEN T-type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sowle

Wanted DARK GREEN 86 T-type Regal. Interested in what you have, my phone 502-751-0905. May travel. Thanks. Butch.

Wanted DARK GREEN 86 T-type Regal. Interested in what you have, my phone 502-751-0905. May travel. Thanks. Butch.

Sage green is as dark as it gets from the factory, being from iowa maybe you want one John Deere green:biggrin: :p

There is a code for dark and light sage. I've only seen light but it's supposed to exist.

I saw a dark greeen about 10 years ago in Northern NJ. Very rare. Never saw one again.

There is a code for dark and light sage. I've only seen light but it's supposed to exist.

If anyone would know, it would be you Louis....lol What's going on buddy? How do you like KY? Side note: I went to school there for two years, 1991-1993. pretty cold huh? Maybe I'll see see you at BG before heading back to CA at the end of the year. I just know you and the better half would like to be back there with the cold speels and all. PM me you number man. RB

There was only one green that was available on turbo regals and that was light sage metallic. I have both the '86 and '87 GM marketing manuals. The ones you went into your GM dealer and picked out exactly what car/options you wanted from and this DARK green does not exist.

"I saw a dark greeen about 10 years ago in Northern NJ. Very rare. Never saw one again."

Someone painted it that color or it was a dark blue one that appeared dark green as many have mistaken them for dark green, at night especially.

I have no interest in selling my sage car but Keith (NCTURBOS) maybe interested in selling his. Im sure he will chime in.

My buddy had a dark green /blueish one back in the early 1990's and it was factory paint! Never saw another one since. Calll kirbans, tell him what your looking for and he can probably find it!

There was only one green that was available on turbo regals and that was light sage metallic. I have both the '86 and '87 GM marketing manuals. The ones you went into your GM dealer and picked out exactly what car/options you wanted from and this DARK green does not exist.

"I saw a dark greeen about 10 years ago in Northern NJ. Very rare. Never saw one again."

Someone painted it that color or it was a dark blue one that appeared dark green as many have mistaken them for dark green, at night especially.

I have no interest in selling my sage car but Keith (NCTURBOS) maybe interested in selling his. Im sure he will chime in.

Thank You for the post, I guess I don't stand corrected then:cool:

There is a code 48 Black Emerald. I saw about ten years ago a t-type sitting on Broadway St. Council Bluffs Ia. I drooled at it FFOOOEEEEVVVEERRR. Had what seemed a darker gray interior than my 87 T. Then I tried to buy one in Ankeny Ia. about five years ago. Get this-- it had TAN LEATHER inside. ODDD. But maybe these cars were painted. Thanks for yalls input I really appreciate it.

According to Steven Dove's "The Buick Power pack" book-

In 1986 the following colors and codes were available:
Light Sage Met L- 42
Light Sage Met E- 43
Med Sage Met- 46
Black Emerald- 48
Dk. Sage Met- 49

For 1987:

Light Emerald Met- 66
Light Sage Met- 67
Black Emerald Met- 68
Dk. Saxony Green Met- 69

Like I said before, I've only seen the sage color in a few pics...

BTW, a big KY howdy to Ray...:biggrin: I'll shoot you a PM...:biggrin:

This I think is the color I'm thinking of. I THINK... Pictures can be deceiving sometimes. This is also a CANADA car.

Attachments

• 4b_3.jpg
    4b_3.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 515
Looks more blue to me but it's hard to tell. Need to check the paint code to know for sure

My second choice is 86 silver with red interior.

Attachments

• like this2.jpg
    like this2.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 509
Back