You can type here any text you want

WTB 1986 GREEN T-type

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Thanks for the photo. This is definitely a dark green. I saw a dark green T about 10 years ago in central Illinois parked at an animal feed and supply store with the windows down. It had the tan leather with half console and shift on the column. Have not seen it since. Your picture is the only other time I have ever seen this color. Kind of like the dark racing green of European sports sedans. Makes me wish I had ordered this color back in 1987 when I ordered my T in the dark red(burgundy) with that ugly burgundy interior!:p

Thanks for the photo. This is definitely a dark green. I saw a dark green T about 10 years ago in central Illinois parked at an animal feed and supply store with the windows down. It had the tan leather with half console and shift on the column. Have not seen it since. Your picture is the only other time I have ever seen this color. Kind of like the dark racing green of European sports sedans. Makes me wish I had ordered this color back in 1987 when I ordered my T in the dark red(burgundy) with that ugly burgundy interior!:p

Maybe this will clear things up. Here is a pict of both 1986 and 1987s Buick Marketing manual color section of what was available to get on Regals. That car in the pict from Canada is BLUE fellas. The car also had blue interior. I know because I almost bought it. I have seen several cars people have said to be "dark green" that turns out are dark blue that has faded over time. The RPO sticker will always tell the story. How many green cars do you see with factory blue interior?:confused:

"They definately do exist. Those of you who have been to big events have seen them."

I havent missed a BG Nats since '94 and have never seen one. 1986 and 1987 Turbo regals did not leave the factory dark green. Could someone have painted these cars a dark green after the fact, of course.

Attachments

• Buickmanual86.jpg
    Buickmanual86.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 424
  • BuickManual.jpg
    BuickManual.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 424
Wasn't there a program where you could order the car in any colour in the GM catelog? That looks a bit like the Corvette Polo Green Mettalic.

This is my 87 it is dark blue with a tan cloth interior in the sun it looks green.

kennybuick014.jpg
[/IMG]

That blue is somewhat rarer, rarer still would be the lite blue they had. One of my personal cars was that dark blue with a matching blue gut and WO2 sport package 1987 model. Sage green is extremely rare I have had 2 of them one was a national winner at the GS events prior to me buying it. Other was one needing attention and if I recall correctly had a split bench seat. Lack of sales probably determine that color being discontinued by GM. On a side note it was possible with the trunk ID code of D83 to pick any other GM color from any color line except on a Grand National (obviousily), code was D83. This was also available for many years even back to the early GTOs in the 1960s. Back then Cadillac and Corvette had some neat colors some of which showed up on GTOs.

kirbanperformance.com

You could say I have had a few 1986-1987 Turbo Regals!

Well, I like that interior! :smile: Just invested $1500 in body work in your old car! Fixed rust around the rear wheels, new pin stripe and all new body bushings!

This was the dark green T-type that I saw. Glad we got this resolved-I was beginning to think I was crazy

Only thing that will resolve anything as far as FACT goes is a paint color code on the factory RPO trunk sticker for "dark green" with the LC2 code and VINs 8th digit being a 7 on the sticker. If the car was to be repainted by GM or a body shop what color code would they go by for the repaint or touch up? I would be willing to bet it doesnt exist. Simply a dark blue car in the right lighting that looks green like many of us have seen.

Dennis, if that any color choice of the rainbow GM offered was possible with this D83 code on the '86/87 turbo regals how come you never see a bright red corvette color or a canary yellow looking Iroc Z color on these? I have heard several guys say over the years at car shows, races, exc. that they really wanted a bright red one (like Mollys GN mule car) but couldnt get it so they settled for the dark red metallic when they bought theres new.

What would be the point in having a color section in the marketing manual to pick from for each model car if you could order any color GM had on any vehical anyway?:confused:

man to be in a Buick dealership in 1986-87 and check off option code D83 and had your car painted a one off color would make you the man today.....

heres a pic of my dark;) green car:eek:

Attachments

• 10-20-08_1216.jpg
    10-20-08_1216.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 244
What would be the point in having a color section in the marketing manual to pick from for each model car if you could order any color GM had on any vehical anyway?

I would think the benefit would be for the people who know what they want and know how to get it.;) Otherwise for the general public, if given to many choices they can't make up their minds and get confused to easy.:biggrin:

Think of how many people bought these cars and didn't really know what they were getting. I can just picture some slick salesman selling and older 70s ish couple a Turbo Regal instead of a regular Regal because of availability issues or what have you and telling them "Mr and Mrs Jones it's the same Regal you want with the pillow seats and landau top and all,it just has a different engine is all" tee hee hee:eek:

Dennis, if that any color choice of the rainbow GM offered was possible with this D83 code on the '86/87 turbo regals how come you never see a bright red corvette color or a canary yellow looking Iroc Z color on these? I have heard several guys say over the years at car shows, races, exc. that they really wanted a bright red one (like Mollys GN mule car) but couldnt get it so they settled for the dark red metallic when they bought theres new.

What would be the point in having a color section in the marketing manual to pick from for each model car if you could order any color GM had on any vehical anyway?:confused:

BINGO!! I love these "phantom" storys of ordering 'any' color or 'option' yada, yada, yada. JUST DIDN'T HAPPEN. I don't care what some GM documention might have said from that era. How many times over the years has "official" documents or even brochures have wrong info printed in them? Does anyone remember the 'super rare' Mopar 1972 440-6 option that never was?? Otherwise you'd see a million different color combos on TR's! And you really can't use the exuse of 'the public didn't know' because you know damn well the salesmen would and tell you so they could make the sale if you wanted that 'Iroc' yellow on your TR. But if anyones interested, I have a super rare factory polo green 87 T for sale.......;)

Ken

BINGO!! I love these "phantom" storys of ordering 'any' color or 'option' yada, yada, yada. JUST DIDN'T HAPPEN. I don't care what some GM documention might have said from that era. How many times over the years has "official" documents or even brochures have wrong info printed in them? Does anyone remember the 'super rare' Mopar 1972 440-6 option that never was?? Otherwise you'd see a million different color combos on TR's! And you really can't use the exuse of 'the public didn't know' because you know damn well the salesmen would and tell you so they could make the sale if you wanted that 'Iroc' yellow on your TR. But if anyones interested, I have a super rare factory polo green 87 T for sale.......;)

Ken
Can you post a pic? Or send it to me at email in my sig. Not looking to buy, just would like to see it. Thanks.

Can you post a pic? Or send it to me at email in my sig. Not looking to buy, just would like to see it. Thanks.

Ahh Rick, he was making a joke.:D QuickBuick87 is in full agreement with what I stated about this "dark green" turbo regal and Dennis's statement of the D83 code of any color GM offered on ANY vehical you want you can get, didnt apply on these cars.

Ahh Rick, he was making a joke.:D QuickBuick87 is in full agreement with what I stated about this "dark green" turbo regal and Dennis's statement of the D83 code of any color GM offered on ANY vehical you want you can get, didnt apply on these cars.

Ok, I guess I didn't follow this thread close enough to catch the sarcasm.:o

Back