You can type here any text you want

WTB:'86-'87 Turbo Regal or Grand National

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

thewoodieb

Woodie
I am looking for a low mileage, good running southern and/or rust free '86-'87 Turbo Regal or Grand National. I bought an 85 GN that needs a lot of work and I don't have the money. I am selling the 85 GN and using the money amoungst other funds to fuel the purchase of a decent '86-'87 Turbo Regal or Grand National. I am not looking for a show car, but I would like the paint to be partially intact and be running, preferrably running well (aftermarket parts acceptable). I am willing to spend $5,000 nothing more. I have had a bad few months with this GN, I just need a car for school, but I wouldn't be happy unless it was a Buick Turbo car. :smile: Shoot me a PM, that's the best way to reach me. If your interested in the 85 GN check out my other post: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/cars-sale/257350-1985-buick-hot-air-car-fo-sale.html I also have an 87 swap available minus a turbo, injectors, and intercooler fan. Thanks!

looking to buy t-type 0r GN

I don't want to sound like a idiot, but $5,000.00 may get you a good roller. Any complete car in descent shape will cost you alot more than 5k. Unless someone really needs the cash. Good luck i hope you find what your looking for.

I don't want to sound like a idiot, but $5,000.00 may get you a good roller. Any complete car in descent shape will cost you alot more than 5k. Unless someone really needs the cash. Good luck i hope you find what your looking for.

That's funny, because I already found a 86 Turbo Regal(southern car) with 100,000 miles, a straight body, 44 turbo, larger injectors, and perfect interior. All for $5,000. Oh yeah and it run's 11's. Not everybody sells there buicks on turbobuick.com, those who do are usually ripping you off. Next time, don't be so quick to judge an outcome.

That's funny, because I already found a 86 Turbo Regal(southern car) with 100,000 miles, a straight body, 44 turbo, larger injectors, and perfect interior. All for $5,000. Oh yeah and it run's 11's. Not everybody sells there buicks on turbobuick.com, those who do are usually ripping you off. Next time, don't be so quick to judge an outcome.

You may have found a deal where the individual is hard up for cash as TurboType87 suggests. If not the individual considers you to be a charity and is donating or simply doesn't know what the car is worth.
From my personal experience over the last several times I've been in the Turbo Buick market this forum is a great place to get a fair deal on a good car. Both sellers and buyers on this forum are typically educated on the market so the cars that do sell here have to be priced fairly.

IF the car you found really turns out to be all that for $5000 you have one of the best deals I've ever heard of; congratulations if that is the case.
However there is no reason to bash this forum if you found a steal elsewhere.

looking to buy

Congratulations on your purchase, as i stated in my original post, i said it wasn't going to be esay to find a car for the amount you were looking to spend. I have been watching the value of our cars skyrocketing. In our area on the east coast especially. You really got a good deal and i am happy for you. Good luck with your new car.

You may have found a deal where the individual is hard up for cash as TurboType87 suggests. If not the individual considers you to be a charity and is donating or simply doesn't know what the car is worth.
From my personal experience over the last several times I've been in the Turbo Buick market this forum is a great place to get a fair deal on a good car. Both sellers and buyers on this forum are typically educated on the market so the cars that do sell here have to be priced fairly.

IF the car you found really turns out to be all that for $5000 you have one of the best deals I've ever heard of; congratulations if that is the case.
However there is no reason to bash this forum if you found a steal elsewhere.

There is no bashing, but if a northern car with an incomplete engine, and crappy paint is going for $7,000 why can't mine? It's not bashing if your telling the truth. Besides it's not so much the forum I don't like, I love the forum, it's the snotty know it all's that find deprivation if they don't talk someone down when they haven't had the best luck with a car: "you would be lucky to find a roller for 5k":rolleyes:. This forum is about buick owners helping other buick owners. I put this thread in to find someone who could take care of this car, because I don't have the time or money to put into it. I do NOT want to see a GN rust away and go unloved. Isn't that what we are here for?:confused: So leave the debating at the political doorsteps, and keep your comments to yourselves. Keep it positive please, treat those the way you would like to be treated.

Thanks!

Congratulations on your purchase, as i stated in my original post, i said it wasn't going to be esay to find a car for the amount you were looking to spend. I have been watching the value of our cars skyrocketing. In our area on the east coast especially. You really got a good deal and i am happy for you. Good luck with your new car.

Sorry if things sounded a little hairy, I appreciate the reinforcement! I am going to look at the car next weekend! :D

Hey bud, sorry if your confused, but does my listing have an outrageous price attached to it? :confused: :eek:

you're right. no outrageous price ....... you didn't list a price.

the point is that you say "not everybody sells their buicks on turbobuick.com, those who do are usually ripping you off" (while yours is listed for sale here). in making such a broad statement, you've included yourself in the group that are "usually ripping you off".

anyways ..... congrats on finding 'the needle in the haystack'. i'm going to a farm in iowa next week to buy a goose ...... the seller says it lays golden eggs. i can't wait! :wink: :D

Back