You can type here any text you want

WTB: '89 TTA - Modified cars okay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

r70judge

Looking to buy an 1989 Turbo Trans AM. Prefer a modified car(turbo,injectors,downpipe,alky,suspension mods,built engine/trans,etc..), but a stocker in the right condition may be okay. I'm looking for a mid 11 second or quicker car.

I'd prefer to find a car on the west coast (I'm in San Diego CA) to avoid the high shipping charges. Although I will consider shipping for the right car.

Please respond here with a list of the cars mods and 1/4 and 1/8 mile times with MPH and PRICE.

If you prefer not to post here just email me at js455ho@cox.net

Thanks

Depends on the condition of the car and what mods it has.

9K - 13K

What do you have?

I'm interested, but from what I've read about your car it seems to be having issues lately. Sounds like it needs a rebuild. $$$

What's your price? I'd also like to see some pictures.

js455ho@cox.net

I'm thinking about selling mine. It's in missouri

Car runs great, cruises great. Has slight stumble in 3rd under full boost, it's a rich tuning issue that arrived when I installed the MAFT and LT1 sensor that I haven't had the time to get rid of yet. Rear main leaks a bit and torque converter lockup switch needs replaced. The rear wing was replaced with a fiberglass piece and it has a crack on the inside of each end (the bulge the old wing had rubbed a slight spot through the paint on the inside lip of the hatch area). Otherwise the car is perfect, body is in great shape. Interior is flawless, cloth/T-Tops. 146,000 miles, I've had it a year and I've maybe put 1,500 on it and it's never had an issue. Asking $9,000. No 1/4 times as I haven't taken it to the track. I don't have time for two 3rdgens and my 88 formula is the sentimental car.

Mods include
Edlebrock 204/214 cam
Edlebrock Double roller Timing Chain
New Comp Valve springs (installed just before I bought the car)
Flowmaster catback
LT1 MAF and MAFT+ (still have original as well)
MSD 50# injectors & AFPR
Razor/alkycontrol.com alcahol injection kit
Computer Modded to take 28 pin flash chips instead of the 24 pin chips
3 guage a-pillar pod, EGT, Boost, and Fuel pressure
Sony 50X4 detachable face CD player

DCP_0298.jpg

DCP_0301.jpg

DCP_0296.jpg

DCP_0300.jpg

It looks like a very nice car, but I'm looking for lower mileage car. I guess I should've put that in my add.

Thanks anyway for the reply :cool:

1989 Turbo TA

How about a TTA with 41,000 miles. Have owner's kit including decals. Stock engine removed and stored and Stage 2 4.1 motor installed. PT 72 turbo, T & D rockers, Hemco plenum, jet hot coated headers, houston downpipe, dequick front mount, fresh 200 4r and moser axles in rear. Razor's alcohol injection. Car runs 6.60 in eighth at 107 mph on drag radials at 17 lbs on street chip. Car is immaculate and kicks serious butt. $12,000.00

Tta

Call me at 941-518-1692 ...I have more pics of my car I will send and we can talk.

Thanks
Bo

Back