WTB Nice Gray GN Dash

BButkus51

Looking for a nice GN dash.

Please let me know if you have one or know of one.

I am in Oak Harbor, OH.

Thanks,
Bob

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1389903672.987907.jpg

How close are you to Cincinnati? I have one

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I'm also looking for a good one. How much are they, and the most important question, how difficult is it to replace???

It's just the padded part that I need.

PM me please.

Obviously there are plenty available, but let me rephrase; What's the average cost of a nice one, and the most important question, how difficult is it to replace ??

Obviously there are plenty available, but let me rephrase; What's the average cost of a nice one, and the most important question, how difficult is it to replace ??

I can have 1 out in 45 minutes. Putting 1 back in will probably take 2-3 times longer I'm guessing. I might make a thread on how to do this in the next week or two I have a car here that's it replaced

TurboDave
It's not too hard at all.
It's the usual PITA details of just cataloging all the fasteners and where they go.
And the bigger PITA of certain connectors with their secret tricky releases.
Removing the entire cluster and radio - A/C manual controls (which I hate), dash speakers blah blah blah
Transplanting the dash harness back.
AC duct work off, then on...
Unbolt the column from the dash, etc etc

Once you remove the basics, it's real apparent where the dash bolts to the cowl.
It's pretty easy at that point.

It's actually much much easier than removing late model stuff with all their tricky plastic pieces snapped together.
Most everything attaches with hex head stuff.

A lot of bother for a 3" inch split above the radio area..but the fixes are usually temporary.

BTW - I think a charcoal color (black) dash looks killer for a swap. IMHO

I won't muddy up Jame's sales thread for prices, but they aren't too much money.
Shipping is kind of the issue.
But they don't weigh an awful lot, just long and kinda bulky.
I try to find them locally whenever possible. (at the used parts superstore)

It's not the split in the plastic top piece that's driving my inquiry. The vinyl part of the dash is splitting along one of the top seems that looks like a sewn seam.

I think I found a dash but just wanted to put it out there one more time. Looking for a show quality grey dash. Willing to travel and pay for it.

Thanks.