WTF my garage reeks of alky!

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Came home to smell of alky in the house. Open the garage and it reeks of alky!! I am only running 90% isopropyl cut with distilled water but it still smells pretty strong. Just installed a new stock GM tank so figured it had a leak. NOPE. Level in tank is just where it was when I parked the car last night. In fact, when I took it out last nite I didn't even get into it at all.

Absolutely no leaks anywhere. I don't get it?:confused: AND I don't have any other alky in the garage as I am all out except for what is in the car. Very strange. Aired out the garage and shut the doors and will see if the smell builds up again.

My guess its fuel tank o-ring not sealed properly.

Gasoline will stink for days.

Nope, not gas, definitely smells like rubbing alcohol. Really weird. Now that I think about it I did hit the prime button for a second when I was driving the car but never got into enough to actually trigger the alky. Wonder if I flooded the intercooler?? Oh well, will see if the smell is still there in the morning.

The tank is vented and alky likes to evaporate. Has it been pretty hot in your garage?

Very very faint smell this morning. :confused: Guess I need to take a harder look. Hope to take it out this weekend and beat the snot out of it and then throw it up on the ramps and see what I can find. If it IS leaking it sure isn't a major one. Pump is about 8 years old, maybe time to upgrade to one of Julio's kits.:)

Very very faint smell this morning. :confused: Guess I need to take a harder look. Hope to take it out this weekend and beat the snot out of it and then throw it up on the ramps and see what I can find. If it IS leaking it sure isn't a major one. Pump is about 8 years old, maybe time to upgrade to one of Julio's kits.:)

It's time. Mark.