You can type here any text you want

WTT 1990 Collector 454SS Chevy truck w/68 miles for GNX

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
geo3mindspring said:
My dad was a collector, He died in June from cancer, He told my mom all the prices for the cars, This is the price he told her it should be able to bring. Who am I to go against my fathers wishes. He told her that if he didnt make it he wanted my brother to get a GNX (which he always wanted, poor kid lost his dad at 15 years old) and that the truck should bring enough money to get a low milage (25 to 50k miles) GNX. Seems half way reasonable to me. But I can't exactly ask my dad if this is correct so pardon any issues you may have with my thinking here. Hope this clears up some things.
Is there any way I can just delete this post and end the pissing contest??????

jdpolzin is correct, if you want to see some dollars, throw it at Barrett-Jackson. You may have time for the Palm Beach Auction.

There is one consigned with a Saturday lot #. Here is the link

http://www.barrett-jackson.com/events/florida/vehicles/cardetail_list.asp?id=184747

If the truck is what you say it is, this is the place to put it. It will cost you some, but this is your best chance to get the $$$ you want towards a GNX.

I agree, that truck has Barrett-Jackson written all over it. My guess is it will do better than we all imagine. Good luck, I hope you get your GNX.

You may want to ask the value question on the 454ss forum. I really have no idea about their value, especially of one that is brand new. I do know that a GMC Syclone like that would be hardpressed to pull in anymore than high $20's. I would guess that while both collectible, 454SS and GNX collectors would appeal to different crowds given the car/truck difference and the performance differences.

GNXs have gone nuts in the last year . I bought a 2600 mile one last feb .. I'd bet I could turn a nice profit today . this is a common thing nowaday's .. good luck on your search ... remember there is an ass for every seat :p

I agree, that truck has Barrett-Jackson written all over it. My guess is it will do better than we all imagine. Good luck, I hope you get your GNX.

every car on barrett-jackson does better than i imagine. stuff is going for stupid money at that auction. of course im sure they only show the most expensive ones on speed when its on, i watch maybe 5 minutes than i have to change the channel. thats the reason there are no more affordable 60-75 muscle cars availible. everybody watches that and thinks they can get 30k for a 6 cylinder auto plymouth scamp. i was on autrader a while back and there was a 318 automatic 72 plymouth duster i think the guy wanted 15K for it. theres a guy around here that has a 318 auto 72 charger w/ mods he says and he wants $9900 for it. it out of control. any sorry to rant.
anyway geo3, you are right the price may be right for the right person, but i am agreeing with everyone else, barrett-jackson may be youre best bet. do you have it on autorader or collector car trader? you may have a decent chance of getting to that someone who is looking for that truck on a national car sales website or publication. hope you find somebody and remember, post pics of the gnx when you get, heck post some pics of the truck.

This is a funny thread :biggrin:

Since the cat is already out of the bag, here is my .02

That truck with that mileage is definitely with something, but you have to be realistic.

Forget about book values and guides, forget about Jackson Auctions, you have to use REAL figures.

What does that mean? It means street value, true market value, what people are willing to pay.

How do you find that out? Take what the vehicle cost new, that's your bottom dollar.

Anything above and beyond that is a bonus. I would say 20% over the original price is fair.

323GTX said:
What does that mean? It means street value, true market value, what people are willing to pay.

How do you find that out? Take what the vehicle cost new, that's your bottom dollar.

Anything above and beyond that is a bonus. I would say 20% over the original price is fair.

I think that is too generic of a model to price a no mileage vehicle. It doesn't work for GNX's (too low), it doesn't work for ZR-1's (too high). It only worth what one person is willing to pay for it and what the seller willing to sell it for.

I think that is too generic of a model to price... doesn't work for GNX's (too low), it doesn't work for ZR-1's (too high)

I wasn't talking about a GNX, I wasn't taking about a ZR1, I wasn't talking about any proven seller with a market gauge.

I was talking specifically about the truck in question with 68 miles.

That's the best model your going to find for that type of vehicle. I assure you that is what 99% of potential buyers are willing to pay...

$20k + 20% = $24k (asking price of $29k, sell somewhere around $25k)

That's why so many people freak out when somebody posts a price double it's market value on ANY car here, it insults their intelligence. That would be like somebody here asking $20k for a nice 100k mile GN worth $10k, you would get the same exact reaction.

323GTX said:
I was talking specifically about the truck in question with 68 miles.

That's the best model your going to find for that type of vehicle.

I can assure you that is what 99% of potential buyers are willing to pay for it.

$20k + 20% = $24k (basically ask $29k, sell around $25k)

It doesn't take account into demand (desirability, rarity, or age). That just a guess, it might work but I wouln't blindly price any vehicle that way.

The best model would be to look at comparable sales. He might not find an exact match but I am sure he could find at least real low mileage one and add a premium to it.

I agree with Welby. About 16-18K is whats its worth. And a low mileage X for $50k? thats a thing of the past :)

Welby said:
Well, IMO $10,600 isn't enough either. I can see maybe 15 or $16,000, since it must be mint, but hey, it's only worth what someone will step up and pay for it. I can guarantee it's not $50,000 :tongue:

I know of one with 3000 mi. that a small collector near me sold 2 years ago for 20k. Canadian.

Truck was brand new.

Good luck to you sir. NEVER bring that kind of scratch. :rolleyes:

What ever drugs this boy is on he better not get caught with them...he could end up doing 600 years in the big house. Of course on a positive note when he got out his truck at that point would be worth 50 grand.

I would probably give it a few more years before I tried to sell it - let it atleast get off of the nada/kbb sites so that there can't be any arguments from that corner, then take your time and find just the right buyer...maybe off the SS454 boards, maybe some guy who had one when he was younger and really misses it.

Rare find

The Truck indeed is a rare find for sure!

I agree with some of the opinions, the truck would most likley bring mid 20's to the right person. Barrette Jackson? Who knows, you may find what your looking for there. It all comes down to exposing it to the right market.

Who knows, put it on ebay?

No doubt one would have to search a long time to find its equal.

Good luck and I hope your successfull and see your Dads wishes to reality!

Dennis

Back