You can type here any text you want

wtt big block 1980 z28 for turbo buick

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

stephen p

burrick owner
hey, this is just my generic for sale thread i posted on ls1 tech..

i really want a 86-87 turbo regal or gn.. i don't expect a perfect car. i am located in memphis tn, or jackson ms (depending on what day)

i'm kinda broke so i can't go meet someone very far, (no more than 3hrs away) also, the car has a th350 and 4:11 gears.. even though it will make it to california, it does not get the best milage on the interstate, on long trips..

so i know it's a long shot, but if someone has a car they want to swap straight across, let me know.. this is a very very solid car. and you will be hard pressed to find another one like it with out shelling out $$ big time.

i am gauging interest on my 1980 z/28. it was all original untill 2 weeks ago. could use a re paint, but looks decent. NO RUST any where. no bubbles, pits. or any thing like that. completely solid.

interior is so so.. carpet is worn kinda bad on driver's side where your foot rests, dash is cracked, and driver's set is coming apart at seems. (i know it sounds bad, but it really is suprisingly decent)

heater, blower defrost, still works, i have all of the ac components, and it worked before i pulled the original engine, but i did not have the bracket to use the compressor with the big block

engine, is 396 bored 40 over (405 cu in) 9.5:1 dome pistons, oval port 049 heads, screw in studs with posi locks, stock rockers, comp springs, and retainers, crane hardened pusrods, comp "big mutha, thumpr" camshaft and lifter set (part no cl11-601-4) edelbrock performer 2.0 intake manifold, edelbrock 600cfm carb, long tube headers.

the trans is a stock non-lock up turbo 350, with a b&m shift kit, stock stall

has 4:11 gears, stock "big" 10 bolt.

the car runs great, i have driven it between jackson, ms and memphis, tn 3 times, and had no problems.

the things that need attention on the car are:

it needs a bigger carb, the 750 that was on the engine when i bought it, was gummed up, and i did not have time to clean it, but i can include it with the car..

the exhaust needs to be re done, it has dual's but the pipe is 2in crush bend, and that was fine for the stock 350, but it's restctive on the new motor.

it needs a new power steering pump ($40 at autozone)

all of that being said, i drive this car every day, with zero problems. it runs great and pulls hard, and you will be hard pressed to find another one, as straight, original and rust free as this car..

depending on what day of the week you catch me, it's in jackson, ms or memphis, tn

i am looking to trade, i don't really want to sell outright, but i cash talks. i am only looking for other classic/muscle/sports cars.. i have no interest in motorcycles, boats or off road vehicles.

i also really dislike 4th generation f-bodys, i would consider an ls1 powered one though. or the world's cleanest lt1. but on the whole, i don't like them

clear MS title in hand.

DSCN2761.jpg

DSCN2760.jpg

DSCN2759.jpg

DSCN2758.jpg

DSCN2757.jpg

camaroint.jpg

camaroint3.jpg

camaroint5.jpg

camaroint2.jpg

camroint7.jpg

hence why i said it's a long shot. i value the car around 5-6k, and i have seen plenty of regal t and gn projects go in that area.. but thanks for the comment

someone was kind enough to hit the buy it now button on the auction, but has yet to contact me, or send a deposit. car is still for sale

Back