WTT< Professionally modded 89 Mustang Coupe for 86/87 GN

notstock71

I have an 89 Mustang LX Coupe Special Service Package. The car was a Nebraska State Patrol car. The car ws painted 95 Ford KE bright blue. The car also recieved:
Fresh 302, bored and balanced with forged pistons
Trick Flow heads with roller rockers
B303 cam
GT40 intake
Underdrive pulleys
NOS Nitrous kit
Long tube headers, off-road h-pipe and Flowmasters
Ford Racing 5 lug Cobra 4 wheel disc brake kit ($2500) 5.0 magazine covered this install when the car was built
Motoform wheels 17x8
Eibach Pro 1 spring kit and Koni adjustables
HP Motorsport MegaBite control arm kit
Weld in Subframe connectors
Interior redone in black. Custom seat covers, front foam, custom door panels
6 point rollcage (backseat in place and usable)
tinted windows
cowl induction hood and Cobra taillights

Guy I bought it from installed a Tremec TKO trans, new clutch and Pro 5.0 shifter (have approximately 4500 miles on them now). He also installed 3.73 gears and also put a new Holley fuel pump in the car. The car was taken to the track a few times and he stated it weighed in at 2800 lbs and ran 11.90's with a 2.0 60'.

The car gets 20 mpg on the interstate. I have been driving it almost daily (weather permitting) and it is a ball to drive. It's very quick, handles great and stops on a dime. It doesn't get over 160 degrees even in the 100 degree humidity up here in July. The car is rust free and shows no signs of accident damage as the VIN tags are on the body panels. The car is not an ISCA show car but it is something that can be taken to a local cruise in and not be embarrased. I've had many compliments on the car and a few of the "if you ever want to sell" lines. I'm not trying to sell the car but if I can get in a GN and someone wants the Mustang I'll go from there. The Buck Tags are still on the radiator support showing the Special Service Package. I'd prefer a sunroof car but am open. Hoping for something under 70k for milage.
Pics from the day I bought it:
P1010117.jpg

P1010116.jpg

P1010118.jpg

P1010119.jpg

leisold@cox.net or 402-861-9413 Lewis

I haven't figured a price which is why I figured I'd start out with the WTT for a GN since that is what I would like. I am talking locally on a trade for a 87 WE4 WO2.

Dave, I got the email and I'll be replying shortly or tomorrow, running out of time today.

you know you will pick up an easy 3 tenths at the strip if you lose that b-cam.
that is an old school bumpstick.

I still can't come up with a price so I figure it's time for an appraisal. I need to do it anyways for the Nova and Camaro to make sure they're insured correctly. Guessing, and I STRESS guessing, if I sell the Stang it will be 10-11k. There's over 15k in it not counting alot of labor. I am open to opinions on this.

I'm still looking for a GN or a WE4 T. The WE4 I was looking at local fell thru, he wants to keep it. Of course the other I found is in Florida. Anyone have any leads? It seems the WE4's go for a little less than a GN and I actually like the sleeper vibe of them.

As for the request of more pictures I do not have any yet. I went to take them and the camera won't turn on. Bought new rechargables and still nothing. Need a new camera. I can beg/borrow one if needed.

Since I bought the car it has been thoroughly cleaned and detailed and looks much better now than in the original pictures. The car was basically in storage since built.

There's still more left in the car as mentioned above. The cam swap is one and the car ran 11.90's with a 2.0 60' with the previous owner. The car is more Pro-Touring than full drag. I don't doubt low to mid 11's fully sorted and tuned for the quarter. Will I do it? No. The car is so much fun to drive the way it is.

you know you will pick up an easy 3 tenths at the strip if you lose that b-cam.
that is an old school bumpstick.

Not trying to still the thread,,but throw the b-cam away and put a e-cam and a set of 1.7 rollers on there and i see 3tenths our more on the 1/4 mile time. just my 2cents...bump for ya....

Thanks for the advice on the cam swap. If I was using it as a street/strip car I would probably do the swap. The reality is it won't see the track I just enjoy cruising in it. It is good to know there's more in it and maybe if I make a trade the next owner will decide to do it.

Oh, thanks for the bumps:)

trade

i have a very clean and very modded 87gn that i might be interested in a trade. hardtop with leather interior. nice no rust car it was from south all its life.
i am in minnesota

have any pics of the engine and under car?
acemcguire@msn.com

i can e-mail you the specs of my car also if interested.

Email sent.
Grab a beverage before reading, I rambled on for awhile. I didn't know you could get leather in a GN.
Lewis

leather is aftermarket and is very nice. get alot of compliments:smile:

read your e-mail and would like some more pics of engine and under car,trunk ect...

thanks

my car runs like a stocker and will burn the tires at will. drives very nice and gets decent gas milage if you can stay out of the throttle.

I took 20 or so pics tonight (camera decided to work :D )

Email sent with links to my Photobucket account.

Anyone else who may be interested let me know.
Photobucket name: Notstock71

Still looking. I did pick up a strut tower brace but don't have it on yet. I've come across some GN's and a few WE4's but nothing has come together yet. I can trailer to you within a fairly reasonable distance. I'm not expecting a 10,000 mile ISCA show car for trade but a nice rust free car I can take to some local shows and cruise in's and not be embarrased, hopefully under 70k for milage. Anyone with a 86-87 GN or a WE4 interested please contact me.
leisold@cox.net