X-Box OR PS2?

without a doubt the best system ever was the 8 bit NES....and the best game ever was TECMO SUPER BOWL....i could play that game for ever...i still got it hooked up...not to mention the countless other titles that i could never play out for NES

for me it went NES-->Sega--->gamegear-->N64-->xbox

Get this....my friend has a Dreamcast and you can get a CD that loads an NES emulator(for those that dont know you can get one of these emulators and play NES games on your PC) and then after the emulator is loaded you put in the "game CD-R disc" which contains probably 95% of the NES games made...thats like 100's of games on one disc....its incredible...its also very illegal...some kid burned it for him...i just thought i'd add that in:)

Ok here are the facts: XBOX -733mhz processor, PS2 -300MHZ processor. Ram XBOX -64MB, PS232 MB and so on. The Xbox also has a hard drive. Which allows the game makers to create a game differently than a PS2 could never do. The spec sheet shows XBOX beats PS2 in every spec category by double or more, im not showing all the details, just to many to list. Ive played both systems and never would by a PS2 because graphics do not compare to XBOX. The quality of games on XBOX are higher than PS2. Its question of quality vs quantity, i prefer quality.Currently there are over 200 XBOX games. With regard to Car Racing XBOX has PS2 beat by far on quality. You have Project Gotham Racing, Rallisport, APEX, SEGA GT 2002, Colin McRae3, Nascar Thunder and MOTO GP(bike racing). Three of my friends that have PS2 have bought a XBOX and now only play games on XBOX. Two of them are trying to sell their PS2's. Next with a modchip like have you can do all kinds of neat things with your XBOX. They have a program called Media Player where i can watch my MPEG and AVI movies on my widesreen tv. Very Cool. Check out this link to find out about all the different software that can run a modded XBOX -http://www.xbox-scene.com

Originally posted by fireberd350
and the best game ever was TECMO SUPER BOWL....

BY FAR THE BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ready.....down....set....hut........................................TOUCHDOWN! BO JACKSON 6-0

I have both. The PS2 has a better selection of games. The XBox has more power potential.

Take a game like Artic Thunder, PS2 version blew, XBox version was just like the arcade.

The XBox makes a better DVD player, but you need to buy the remote.

I use the XBox for other things though ;)

Hey Fireberd350, sorry if I sounded mad. Hehe. I was just trying to defend my position. :p No hard feelings? :cool: Let's say this...Ps2 and the Box both rock. Hehe.

splinter cell isnt out for the ps2 yet.. so that magazine mustve lied.

a few days ago they released pics of the ps2 version of splintercell and the editors said that it looks 99% the same.

but you cant compare games like that anyway.. different companies handle different versions of a game, just because it CAN look good on a system, doesnt mean it will.

if you think ps2 has no power, play metal gear solid on a big hdtv, try gran turismo 3 on one too..

now put in one of xbox's countless sh!tty racing games, hehe..

Ive seen the PS2 Splinter Cell pics and they dont compare to XBOX. The Editors are just trying to create hype so the PS2 people run out and by the game when it becomes available. Ive been playing the XBOX on my Widescreen HDTV for over a year now. If you want to see the power of the XBOX check out Panzer Dragoon Orta. Graphics are unbelievable. All my friends with PS2s sounded just like you until they did some comparisons and now they own the XBOX. Ive played GT3 on my HDTV, its a nice game but nothing special, the racing games i listed are all better graphics wise. Also the XBOX live is with voice comunicator is incredible to play on. XBOX has built in ethernet card where you can connect to the internet and you can hook up other XBOX's together and play against each other. Try Halo with 15 of friends and you will throw the PS2 in the garbage nothing compares to that experience. Anyway i hope everyone gets a chance to objectively check out both systems.

dude you dont get it, its not about graphics. if it was you wouldnt be playing an xbox, youd have a radeon 9700 or a geforce4 ti in your PC.

some of the xbox racing games may be pretty, ive played almost all of them, all of my friends have xboxes and my cousin has a ps2. i play xbox more than ps2 yet when it comes to racing, ps2 wins hands down. the racing games on xbox are just not as fun. i dont care if they are prettier.

oh yea, modding your xbox is stupid cause once you do you are banned from xbox live, and xbox live is the only good thing about xboxes.

and yes, i have played halo. more than anyone on this board i guarentee. i went to tournaments and owned up pretty good. my friend has 4 big screens in his house. halo is the only game on xbox that i like.

You can play on Xbox live with a modded box but you have to be careful. If you do get banned by accidentaly leaving the modchip on there is a program to fix that situation and get unbanned. I guess everyone has their opinion and i love the xbox. In fact Xbox is the only one to have true hd games available. But like i said the person should take a honest look at both systems and make up their mind.

THANKS EVERYONE!

Every reply was/is very appreciated!

I now know 10-times what I knew on this topic!

:) :) :)

I just bought a PS2 for ouyr 8 year son for his b day coming up. One question.. can you use ps1 disks in a ps2?? Lady at toys r us was not sure. They are a whole cheaper.

Frank, yes ps2 is backwards compatible with ps1 games. you cant compare ps2 racing with x-box. x-box sucks in that area. i cant wait to get Midnight Racer2. it looks awsome.

Originally posted by TurboMike
i enjoy my Xbox. Countless hours on splintercell :)

Splinter Cell alone is worth buying an XBOX. That has to be the most clever game invented .I've played both PS2 and XBOX, and to me ( and it is personal opinion ) the XBOX is superior. But they both have good points.