X-Box OR PS2?

Two Lane

Both systems are several years old now.

Which of the 2 offers the more advanced tech?

TIA!! :)

I've never owned an X-Box, but I've had a Ps2 since they came out and I know someone who does have an X Box. First off, let me say I absolutely love the Ps2. There are PLENTY of absolutely GREAT games for the system, and I thoroughly enjoy playing it. In fact, I bought Gran Turismo 3 a little while after it came out, and I still play it a couple times a week. (used to play it every single day :D) Now, for the X Box. The guy I know has both the Ps2 and the X Box. He said he thinks the Ps2 is a lot better than the X Box, but that's just one person. I think they both have their strong points and weak points, but I do think the X Box could be a lot better once they get some more games out. (the only game I've heard about that is very very very good is Halo, and I almost bought an X Box just to play Halo. ;) ) Anyways, I'm also interested in the Ps2 vs X Box subject. (I leave out the GameCube because I REALLY dislike it :p ) I hope some other X Box/Ps2 owners reply also. Sorry for the long post.

Oh, as for which one offers more advanced tech, IIRC, the X Box has more appealing performance numbers than the Ps2, but that really doesn't matter. Judging how good a system is should be done by the games that are out for the system and only that way. There could be a system 10 times better than either the Ps2 or the Box but the games available could be total crap. HTH. :)

We just talked the kids out of switching from PS1 to Xbox just to save $$ & because they had PS1 games.

We suggested for them to go with PS2 because of the games & they can watch DVD's

Sorry i know nothing about the tech specs only economic stand point.

XBOX!!! Much higher resolution, speed, and internet capabilties. The games are starting to pick up now and theres plenty to choose from.Some XBOX games make PS2 look like atari.

Louie, i wouldnt go that far as far as graphics are concerned. i've played both many times. yes the x-box has better graphics but not to the point where its night and day. if your a hardcore gamer the ps2 is where it is at. more games than x-box and gamecube put toghter AND it too has online games. ever hear of EVERQUEST or SOCOM? i love my ps2. only place to play the best game ever GTA Vice City.

PS2 is the shiznit. End of story.

Xbox is okay and HALO is a neat game, but I haven't played on em that much. Everyone I know that has one doesn't like it that much and the few folks that I know which own both use the PS2 WAAAAAYYYYYYYYY more than the Xbox.

I've never bought a game for PS2 I didn't like except Resident Evil: Veronica X cause it didn't last long and well....it's Resident Evil. Now Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy X....those are some good role playing games. Fighting games, dont get no better than Tekken.
GTA3 is badazz(Vice City too, but I like 3 better). Could go onand on. My PS2 is probably the best value I've gotten froma game system since my Atari. I had a 7800, but most of hte games were the old 2600 ones...it could play both, kinda like how my PS2 plays old PS1 games ;)

xbox has a tech advantage, but not really by a whole lot..

if youre a car guy i think ps2 is where its at. it has the best racing games period, no other system can touch it. xbox has halo, which is a really nice game, but other than that there dont seem to be alot of reasons for me to want to get an xbox.

go to any ps2 site like.. ps2.ign.com
or www.gamespot.com and check out the racing game section (assuming you like racing games)

i've played on them both, and in my opinion ps2 is the better buy. i wasn't very pleased i look at it more as a computer rather then a video game console(but that ones just my opinion), and i didn't like the set up of the controller at all to me it got uncomfortable after playing for awhile. i like the ps2 controller the best out of all the systems out. i also like the fact that you can play ps1 games on the ps2

yea, the only good game xbox has is that new volleyball game ;)

i have ps2, and i think there are better games and the graphics aren't that much different to make me want to buy an xbox. plus, i dont like the xbox controller, its too scattered around.

the ps2 doesnt have the specs performance wise that the x-box has but it, like said b4, its got the dvd playing, internet, and ps1 playing ablilities, and besides no gran turismo game is coming to x-box so right there x-box loses:D

Originally posted by orion681
yea, the only good game xbox has is that new volleyball game ;)

What's the deal with that volleybal game? I rented it and played it all weekend. I thought maybe I could get her nekked or something BUT NOOO. What is the goal in the end of that game. In the end, the island blew up, is that it? No girly action or anything. There must be codes to that I am missing...

ok i didnt read any of the above posts b/c as most of my friends are stubborn idiots when it comes to PS2 and im sure you guys are too....no offense....but hands down XBOX blows any system away...i dont even know how you can compare the two....the only thing PS2 had on xbox was a better controller but now xbox has 2 new mini designed contollers....and there are COUNTLESS articles that prove xbox is better and if you dont believe me go in any EB gamestop any Game store and ask any of them video game nerds and they will tell you hands down XBOX is the GREATEST SYSTEM EVER MADE....muhahahha...

Its like comparing a 5.0 to a GNX...c'mon now

Fireberd350...you can NEVER prove what system is better than another. It's all in someone's PERSONAL OPINION. You can prove that it has better performance stats, but that's ALL. And what do articles matter? Do you go by everything you see in a magazine? Oh and by the way, when an article in a magazine, website, or whatever states that something is better than something else, that's the author's opinion...NOT facts. Oh and btw, don't get so uptight about it. No reason to call anyone a stubborn idiot. After all, they are just opinions. (learned the word yet?) They're just videogames, and this is just a conversation on the internet. :rolleyes:

chill out man im not mad or nothing at all stuff comes out differently when you read it sometimes then when you say it....i know what opinions are and articles do have valuable information, you can't deny that....for example i seen the new or maybe last months game informer and it compared splinter cell(best game i ever played BTW:)) on xbox and PS2 and showed the pictures of various parts of the game and the xbox just blew it away graphically wise with detail and landscaped backdrops etc etc not to mention everything xbox has to offoer that PS2/Cube dont....everyone is entitled to thier opinion but my friends swear by PS2 yet have NEVER ever played xbox to even compare....i dotn get it....i guess i am kind of biased b/c i hated even the first PS1...i was a big N64 fan over PS1 anyday....again tho this is my opinion take it how you will and good day;)

side note: although i never played it, VICE CITY looks like a bad ass game and that is one thing that sucks about XBOX, no GTA.

ya and the technology inferior absolutly destroyed n64 in every aspect so whats that tell you. gamers go where the better games are not better graphics. sales tell it all. ps2 anyday.

Figure out what games you want to play - then buy the console that has the games you want.

If I was gonna buy on right now - it'd be an Xbox. They have a killer promo going right now.

My PS2 is okay....I haven't turned it on in a month.

PC is where the gaming is at. :cool:

well x-box has saga gt 2000 = grand turismo

the x box controller takes a bit to get used to but i think in the end it is better and easier on your hands. Also everthing is pressure sensative on the xbox controller so if you juke in football you can juke a lil or alot. also the joysticks on xbox are also a button too when they are pressed straight down. X-box has a huge hard drive, you will never need a mem card. X-box is dvd capable. X box is built for the future of tv's. I mean it has a faster pentium chip than my home PC. ever since nintendo i have switched brands as a move up. NES>Sega Genesis>PS1>Xbox. i think the PS1 guys were brand loyal and chose PS2. If i'm the only one i'll say it X BOX is better than PS2. My deciding factor almost came down to GTA vice city, midnight racing and GT3 to get PS2 but i saw that EA had all their sports line for x-box and EA sports games rule so that made my mind up.

Bottom line, X-Box is a little more advanced technically, and I mean a LITTLE, and the PS2 has much more good software available. After all, the X-Box is basically a PC, and what is state of the art now will be obsolete 2 years from now. But don't listen to me, I still love my Dreamcast, Shenmue 2 kept me busy for 2 months.

"you can NEVER prove what system is better than another".....

So true, I still play games on my Commodore 64. Best arcade translations of any system of the period, though loading a 32k game (that's KILObytes, not mega for you kids who don't know about the old days) off the 1541 drive took about 30 seconds.

Blew away the Apple II, and the Atari computers only advantage was that it could produce 128 colors to the 64s 16, but the 64 bettered it in everything else especially sound with the SID chip.