You can type here any text you want

X f I boost control

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

tbone87

I have the x f I and trying to get every thing together for my engine and x f I but what do I need to use the Boost control..Should I get a separate controller all together like a ams500 or use the x f I? Thanks

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I have the x f I and trying to get every thing together for my engine and x f I but what do I need to use the Boost control..Should I get a separate controller all together like a ams500 or use the x f I? Thanks

I would try the XFI first since you already have it with no additional cost other than the solenoid and pressure sensor if you chose to run closed loop strategy. .
Allan G.

Thanks I just want to be safe with it. These kind if things or electronics blows my mind. I will have no problem getting everything hooked up just trying to get ahead without calling and bothering my help.

Use open loop and test your boost slowly most solenoids will be in the range of 40-80% of duty cycle where your boost will be accurate control. Start at 30% and test the car. IN open loop as the car gets more load on it the boost will creep 1-2 psi.

What is the solenoid and and pressure switch called. Do I get it from fast and is there many boost control problems using this compared to a separate controller. Or is a separate controller better. I don't mind forking out the cash for one I just have so much invested in this. If the x f I is ok that is good also and save more $$.:cool:

Well, any boost solenoid would work and if you want to be cheap you can order a china pressure switch for $30 shipped 0-100 psi or you can spend the $150 for a better sensor. I'm sure it will work just be easy on the settings. What are you trying to achieve boost over time, boost over mph? launch boost? internal or external gate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAC-Boost-s...Parts_Accessories&hash=item35ca90d112&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/100PSI-Pres...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27cf35ce31

What size turbo and gate size?

Gate 46mm / 6766 cea ported h cover

Closed loop boost control can be a little dangerous, if the gate is sized small, it has a tendency to over boost, but if the gate is large it should work better, but I do feel more comfortable with open loop as you know your settings wont change.

Back