X-Gray

Have not done a lot, do have a life. Have gotten mirrors, window seals, sail panels and door seals off! Will block with fenders and doors on then take off when paint is shot!

Attachments

Got to work on X-GRAY A LITTLE MORE! Only small parts left is the bumper fillers, then to the hood and trunk lid! Body will be last!

Attachments

1986 Buick GX1

GX1 #001 [The One and Only]
Got to work on X-GRAY A LITTLE MORE! Only small parts left is the bumper fillers, then to the hood and trunk lid! Body will be last!
That's coming along nicely!
Have you decided the exact color gray for her yet?

It's funny, I think most guys refer to their cars as a her. Is that because they're expensive and pretty? Lol

I can't say I've ever really thought of my car as a he or she, just a fantastic and amazing piece of machinery that's part of the family. Once when asked ,by a female (who else would ask), if my car was a he or a she I told her my car must be a he, because it's got BALLS. Hehe

That's coming along nicely!
Have you decided the exact color gray for her yet?

It's funny, I think most guys refer to their cars as a her. Is that because they're expensive and pretty? Lol

I can't say I've ever really thought of my car as a he or she, just a fantastic and amazing piece of machinery that's part of the family. Once when asked ,by a female (who else would ask), if my car was a he or a she I told her my car must be a he, because it's got BALLS. Hehe
Semi Metallic Gunmetal Gray! Came up with the name because it is or was a GNX Clone but love X-Ray, thought I would bring them both together as one and make it me at the same time!

KillrV6

Former owner
Love the car! Can’t wait to see this come together. One question always comes to mind with an X clone car: Why is it that I can always tell a GNX clone by the spacing on wheels vs the flares? Is there a way to get this “right” with the wheel options offered in the after market ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the car! Can’t wait to see this come together. One question always comes to mind with an X clone car: Why is it that I can always tell a GNX clone by the spacing on wheels vs the flares? Is there a way to get this “right” with the wheel options offered in the after market ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goody parts or Kirbans and they have 18” now too!

NY Twin Turbo

All the good stuff.....Times 2.
I'm a bit of a traditionalist (maybe more of a minimalist) when it comes to exterior styling. But a cosmetic enhancement that is also functional seems to make sense sometimes. For example......the GNX louvers. I installed mine years ago and, to be honest, they don't do a damned thing. Not even the real ones on an actual GNX do hardly anything...despite what most of the Buick community might think. I probably wouldn't choose to install the louvers today. But too late. The holes are in the fenders.

An intake on the hood that somehow can be explained as an intake for the turbo or something makes more sense.

But obviously, it's up to you. Just don't cut any holes your going to hate yourself for.