You can type here any text you want

XFI 2.0 Start-Up files needed

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

whtcoupe

ok Guys, im new to the forum and the GN scene as well. I helping a friend work on his 87 GN. Let me just start by saying that he bought the car about 8 months ago and about 5 minutes after he hands over the cash he asks if i want to drive. So of course i took him up on it. Well went WOT for aprox 3-5 sec on 15lbs, we had no real reason not to trust the tune it was previous owners daily, but live and learn i sent both head gaskets into the valley. We studded it and had ne guides and some mild porting done.

About a month ago the car started showing more knock on SM than usual and even noticiable detonation and without any computer interface into the car we could not establish why. so i talked him into XFI. I am mostly a mustang guy and have built and tuned from scratch a MS2 system on a boosted 351. But that was on a spare car and this is his daily driver. So i am looking for a base tune if anyone has one..

I do know we should have picked up all the Stuff from Hartline as he seems to have a very good rep and it would have come with the start up files. But we didnt do the research and didnt think much of it when we ordered it. Now my VE numbers all seem way to high i cant find much info to tune the spark table. We are running the Caspers box. Face palm.......

Car has a precision turbo(not sure which one but have seen it make 30 lbs)
larger intercooler- not sure what you guys call it, its located in stock location but ram air fed
mildly ported heads-studs
Meth injection but its seems they all do.
Siemens 60lbs injectors

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Steven

I might have something that can help you out. Let me check my old 60lb files.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

If you want my help, we offer a tech support package for guys who buy their systems from companies like summit. I'm surprised he didn't research everything before he just went out and bought an xfi. There are a lot of options available for these cars. Not every car needs to go that far. Where are you located?

I have a plenty more questions about the GN if anyone wants to chime in.

What boost level aprox is 93 the limit and what fuel to use to run say 30lbs?
What is the limitations of the stock ignition/coilpack?
why just Meth instead of water meth?
should we get a FMIC?
What is offset / wheel width- tire size to stuff biggest slicks under rear?
The trans is " built" and feels fine but dont know who built it. are these trannies "good" should we be worried?
Again thanks in advance

Back