You can type here any text you want

XFI driveshaft speed sensor

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Why don't you guys use the reading from the reluctor in the dash? This is what I usewith my ms3x for the converter lock up and other speed info including speedo and it works very well. Thinking about also inputing from the S-10 front wheel bearing sensor.

,Dan
If you want to use traction control features you really need to have it on the yoke so that there is not false readings and loss of resolution from the cable wip from the tansmission speedo cable and system backlash.
For lock-up features and other non-esssential functions it would probably work fine.
Allan G.

If you want to use traction control features you really need to have it on the yoke so that there is not false readings and loss of resolution from the cable wip from the tansmission speedo cable and system backlash.
For lock-up features and other non-esssential functions it would probably work fine.
Allan G.

This makes complete sense, what tooth count is the wheel? How many PPM do you see from this wheel? Might be an interesting thing to add on to my car for some tinkering.

,Dan

This makes complete sense, what tooth count is the wheel? How many PPM do you see from this wheel? Might be an interesting thing to add on to my car for some tinkering.

,Dan
I use a 4 PPR sensor. I can't speek from experience but I assume the more pulses the better the resolution.
Allan G.

If you want more resolution, I used a 40 tooth reluctor from Jagsthatrun.com on my own car. Based on what you are trying to do, I don't think you will see any noticable advantage over a 4 or even 2 pulse pickup. I used the 40 tooth for some trick trans creep stuff, not traction control. If I remember correctly, on my car 8 pulses was around 5" of wheel travel.

Back